This is a fun one: Popular scents you don't like!

QTsmum

this was a good thread to start!! LMAO I can't stand Brown Sugar & Fig but one of my 'stores' wanted it for their 'signature' scent so I have to pour it all the time!!! lol Can't stand Love Spell either - but my worst make me gag ones are anything with eucalyptus!!

Noses sure are funny (and very individual). lol

For me, the biggest ewwww (dislike) is patchouli.

These 2 vie for close second:

Beau Brummel from Brambleberry- at first it smelled like a cheap seedy bar to me, then as my soap made with it cured, it strangely took on a cinnamon red-hot candy smell which has remained to this day. Oh, did I mention that I hate cinnamon red-hots- they are my least favorite candy in the whole world. lol

and

Watermelon Herb Granita from TheScentWorks (I don't know why, but smells like pickled watermelon rinds to my nose, heavy on the pickle).

Oh yeah, forgot about Black Cherry. I won't pour that one anymore. Nasty!!

Ditto here, forgot just how bad black cherry is, won't even pour that one! Also my son hates Choc Coconut, I'm guessing he doesn't like the heavy chocolate scent because he

likes coconut..or maybe it's the combo. Had to quit making that one as well.

My favorite scent is pomegranate cider. I got a bottle from lonestar that smells just like the one from yankee, but then I ordered one from candlescience and it was waaaaay off. So disappointed :(

And I've never like anything patchouli or lavender. So many people love lavender and I just don't get it...

Edited by MissKasey

At the top of my list is ROSE!!!! Omg!!! I just can't take it! It gives me a raging headache and my whole house smells like a funeral parlor! The next one is Creme Brulee! Smells like rotten bannanas to me! Don't understand the popularity but it is another one not on my website! Lol! The third one is Christmas Hearth! I that one just makes my stomach turn! Others really like it and I just can't deal with it so it is banned forever as far as I am concerned! Lol!

I am with you MoneyPenny..ROSE for me too! I like it blended not straight up! Patch same way blended like straight up no way! Gardenia..UGH! I hate it! Smell's like my great grandmother's gross perfume! Baby powder..makes me nauseous...I can take a little bit of it but not alot..not on my list either. Most florals I blend anyways unless requested straight up. One more..Buttery popcorn..smells like throwup to me! GAG!

At the top of my list is ROSE!!!! Omg!!! I just can't take it! It gives me

a raging headache and my whole house smells like a funeral parlor!

I am guessing that you never smelled a good rose fragrance oil, perhaps? Sweet Cakes True Rose is pricey, but it smells amazing. Do you like the scent of real roses and just hate rose scented fragrance oils?

Noodle you are right! I have always loved anything I get from Sweetcakes. I do love the smell of my real roses in my rose garden but the rose fragrance oils I have tried are horrible! Perhaps I will get a sample of the one from Sweetcakes next time! Thanks!

I am with you MoneyPenny..ROSE for me too! I like it blended not straight up! Patch same way blended like straight up no way! Gardenia..UGH! I hate it! Smell's like my great grandmother's gross perfume! Baby powder..makes me nauseous...I can take a little bit of it but not alot..not on my list either. Most florals I blend anyways unless requested straight up. One more..Buttery popcorn..smells like throwup to me! GAG!

Kimeroo, you just reminded me about baby powder! I forgot about that one! Definitely "gag" for that one! Lol! As far as the buttery popcorn, I only poured that one time and it only intesified my usual popcorn addiction to the point that I will never pour it again! NG Buttery Popcorn really did smell true to life to me! Lol! Too much!