The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

So, what is everyone's consensus on the success-are most of you using the TCS wax alone or blended with other wax?

A generous member just gifted me (tee hee!) some of this miracle wax and while I will test it alone, wondered about blends some are using.

HEY, FAITHFUL SCENTER!! You still blending this jazz with 4633??

I'll be making melts on Saturday!

I've done it alone, and with 4633 and 4627 about 10%. Haven't tried those yet either though. Lol

I'm just still enjoying my presto pot magic! (I have like 100 made. I have issues!):laugh2:

That is HILARIOUS!

You finally got a Presto and now you do not have time to warm/test melts because you are having too much fun making new ones! haha!

More "reports" coming in from my testers; they smell no difference - umph, stupid nose:angry2:. So yesterday I decided to take care of my dry nose, my bleeding nose, my stuffed up nose (I always have to wait until I can no longer stand it before I do something about it, lol). And yeah, this morning I could smell them, perhaps not as strong as what I am used to, but my nose isn't "all better" yet!

Right now I have Liquid Crack going (been going since yesterday) and it is strong, definately strong enough to make me pass out - well, close.

Though I mixed some batches of TCS pellets with other waxes, the tarts that I and my testers are using are made with 100% TCS.

hth :smiley2:

That is HILARIOUS!

You finally got a Presto and now you do not have time to warm/test melts because you are having too much fun making new ones! haha!

I just converted my other presto to a spigot tonight. Now I shall have TWO magic makers! Now, if only I had an extra set of hands...WAIT..I have teenage daughters who need gas money! MWAHAHAHAHA

HT not as strong with my mixes

MORE detail!!! (PLEASE??)

I can go back and look but I do not want to misunderstand.

Your previous blends have less HT than the TCS wax? The TCS wax alone has better HT than the TCS wax blended with other waxes?

This curious mind NEEDS to know!

p.s. I just bagged up a few batches (small) of TC tart wax and same FO's in TCS tart wax/4633 and plan to test against my 4625/4627 also in the same FO's. Results in about a week.

Karen, sounds like TCS wax - on its own, not mixed with another wax - does not throw as well as when you blend it with another wax like, for example, TCS and 4633, or TCS and 4630. Not positive, but that's how I interpret Pita's post. :undecided

Yes, more details, please.

Edited by Ravens

I only did 10% with the 4627 and 4633 but its seems to have affected the integrity of the TCS wax. My results so far...use it straight!

Thanks Pita....I almost didn't make one straight but decided to last minute. Whew!

Hoping it melts in the Scentsy warmer. The 4625 blends are not totally melting and I definitely want a wax that melts in it since so many potential customers are using them these days.

Thanks for the link, Jeanie. However, the "pellets" I received do not look like those in the picture. The ones I received are flatter and more like irregularly shaped "wafers".

HorsescentS, that is a great idea about contacting IGI. I remember when I first tried TCS in slab form, what caught my attention right away was that it looked whiter than other waxes, and when cut, the inside always reminded me of coconut flesh, when you split it - it had that sort of consistency/look.

Anyone know if IGI or other major supplier would be willing to tell us exactly what type of wax it is if we sent a sample, and if it is sold by any other name... or if we can get it directly from IGI?

I sure do not like the idea that Loren is the only supplier for this wax!

Thanks for the link, Jeanie. However, the "pellets" I received do not look like those in the picture. The ones I received are flatter and more like irregularly shaped "wafers".

HorsescentS, that is a great idea about contacting IGI. I remember when I first tried TCS in slab form, what caught my attention right away was that it looked whiter than other waxes, and when cut, the inside always reminded me of coconut flesh, when you split it - it had that sort of consistency/look.

Anyone know if IGI or other major supplier would be willing to tell us exactly what type of wax it is if we sent a sample, and if it is sold by any other name... or if we can get it directly from IGI?

I sure do not like the idea that Loren is the only supplier for this wax!

They seem to be more rounded than mine but mine are fairly small. Since we know TCS gets the wax from somewhere else, the only two places I'm aware of that suppliers get their wax from are IGI or China. I could surely be wrong but that's what a certain supplier told me when we called about the their blends about a year ago. Just remembered where I heard it so edited this post again to add it.

I'm thinking it's out there but finding it may be a challenge due to it being in slab and wafer/pellet form.

ETA: Actually, I posted a pic of them in a bowl. Are your "wafer" type like my "pellet" type Ravens?

Edited by jeanie353