The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

You all are like Columbo!! I wish I could help!!! Let me know if I can! With this tcs wax, it is not that you are trying to get the price lower, it is more a case of not putting all of your eggs in one basket. I have seen time and time again when people do that, it bites them in the bum, be it fragrance suppliers, wax suppliers, pourette etc etc

My friend, Sam, makes my point too.

I've been reading this thread without posting waiting for some resolution of the "search" issue.

I don't think I would try to use a new wax unless I knew I could get it from at least several suppliers.

I was away from the craft for awhile due to being hospitalized, but I've noticed that quite a few suppliers have gone out of business.

I've spoken to a very friendly supplier of very good quality products with an extensive inventory. His company has been in business for a very long time. Although I've purchased waxes from his company, I had to confess to him that I was sold on IGI-4630A and his company only sold propietary parrafin container waxes. He chuckled and told me that he was a large purchaser of IGI products and sent me some samples to prove it. I have to admit, he was telling the truth.

Right after I received the samples, I was hospitalized so I hadn't gotten back to him yet.

I may give him a call this week and ask him to give us me his opinion on what's up with the wax you are interested in. My guess is that his company would be one of the least likely suppliers to go out of business. I like their products, service and shipping charges too. Maybe they would be interested in stocking this wax if they don't already carry it. My guess is he would stand a better chance of getting IGI to discuss it than an end-user would.

I'll post again if I can find anything out. I think that there is a serious trend towards wickless fragranced products. I have a good friend in the trade, who told me recently that she no longer carries wicked items in her shop. She is very talented and business smart. She's in a different (more upscale) market than me, but I respect and appreciate her opinions.

JMO/ Hope I can help!

Dave @ Charlotte Hall country Candles

I don't think I would try to use a new wax unless I knew I could get it from at least several suppliers.

I may give him a call this week and ask him to give us me his opinion on what's up with the wax you are interested in. My guess is that his company would be one of the least likely suppliers to go out of business. I like their products, service and shipping charges too. Maybe they would be interested in stocking this wax if they don't already carry it. My guess is he would stand a better chance of getting IGI to discuss it than an end-user would.

I'll post again if I can find anything out.

I agree with the first sentence. That HAD been a rule of mine. Unless I could get something more than one place I would not commit to it.

I would LOVE it if you would be kind enough to inquire. I have not even tested it yet so may be jumping ahead, but, I'd be interested and know others who do use it regularly would as well.

CBL125 is very similar to IGI4630 to me. That's the wax I will use if I can't wick 4627.

I,m still thinking it,s the same wax or very very close

Ummmm...not drinking. New toy has some keys in different place.

Edited by jeanie353

Anything you can find out David would be great, I am looking forward to trying this miracle wax, I am not trying to be a Debbie downer by asking about this wax, it was only a few weeks ago that WSP decided to no longer stock candle products so it can and does happen.

TCS with nothing blended is in the Scentsy warmer. Will report later how HT is going. Just hope this one totally melts where two 4625 ones did not.

All 4625 or blends? I can get all melts to melt in my Scentsy warmers. I also leave mine on almost 24/7. I did get rid of one with a square dish because melts got hung up in the corners and did not melt well.

All 4625 or blends? I can get all melts to melt in my Scentsy warmers. I also leave mine on almost 24/7. I did get rid of one with a square dish because melts got hung up in the corners and did not melt well.

Blends. It does have a square dish. But do we know if Scentsy bars melt in the square ones? If not I'd be so happy because this is not going well otherwise.

Edited by jeanie353

Blends. It does have a square dish. But do we know if Scentsy bars melt in the square ones? If not I'd be so happy because this is not going well otherwise.

I had issues with wax of every kind in my BH&G and Scentsy warmers with square dishes. Now plate warmers with square dishes are fine because they get hotter.

I think it no coincidence that Scentsy is discontinuing square dish warmers. Sure wish that I had asked which one you were buying before you did!

Just received an email from Loren, and this is what he has to say:

we are having our wax made with a different mfg because our other company kept changing our ingredient and kept insisting there was nothing they were doing different... so we have used a new mfg, and have had no problems with throw at all... we tested the wax for 2 months before getting the first skid and have continued testing it since... . we normally have the option to have it run thru the sprayers to have it in Pellets if we are not in a rush, or run out quick. there is No difference in the slab or Pellet.. only the form that it comes in... one is run thru a spray machine, and the other is in the water cooled slabbing machine... I do suggest cooling as soon as it starts to dry, and use packing that will seal such as Zip Locks bags, or Clam Shell Molds as we do... please let me know if you have any questions...

Sure appreciated "hearing" from him. :smiley2:

I do suggest cooling as soon as it starts to dry, and use packing that will seal such as Zip Locks bags, or Clam Shell Molds as we do... please let me know if you have any questions...

I had heard the "tip" about putting melts in the refrigerator as soon as they skim over to help seal the scent in. Am glad a supplier says it now too. Anyone know if Zip Lock are polypro? I only have Hefty one zip here at the moment. I do have Peak poly bags I'm using now but since Loren mentioned Zip Lock thought I'd ask.

we are having our wax made with a different mfg because our other company kept changing our ingredient

Am sure glad he cleared that up so we all know now we weren't losing our minds with this wax changing often and explains the pellet/slab difference, I guess. We still have no idea if their liquid wax is IGI where they add their own additives or a liquid from China for our possible backup needs if the wax changes again or gets discontinued.

Now the good news...maybe. So far the winner here is the TCS melt on its own with 6% Peak WMH FO. It went 11 hours yesterday and has been turned back on this morning because it seemed to me it still has enough HT left in it for at least part of day 2.

I had issues with wax of every kind in my BH&G and Scentsy warmers with square dishes. Now plate warmers with square dishes are fine because they get hotter.

I think it no coincidence that Scentsy is discontinuing square dish warmers. Sure wish that I had asked which one you were buying before you did!

I didn't know Scentsy was discontinuing their square warmers but am sorta glad to hear that because I think it's telling us their own melts may not have been melting in the square ones either.

Still have not received the Scentsy melt I ordered from eBay last week to compare. I'll get another warmer with round sides but it seems if not for the square corners mine will melt fully....Maybe. The TCS wax had the least unmelted wax. It was very minimal in 4625 and TCS but still not acceptable to possibly sell one day and I'm not doing this testing again, so want to be sure I get it right this time!

CBL125 is very similar to IGI4630 to me. That's the wax I will use if I can't wick 4627.

I'd rather not divulge how I know at this time, but CBL-125 and CW-125 are IGI-4630A, my container wax of choice.

I started making fragrant containers with IGI-4627. It's a great wax, but I switched to 4630 when it came onto the market. I prefer it due to the production method we use when making our candles.

I will be calling a supplier shortly. Hopefully I can interest him in this investigation and encourage him to add the wax to their inventory if it's not already there. I will also let you all know if it's OK with him to mention his company.

More to follow . . . I hope!

Dave

I started making fragrant containers with IGI-4627. It's a great wax, but I switched to 4630 when it came onto the market. I prefer it due to the production method we use when making our candles.

4627 is slightly winning out over 4630 in my wax blend for melts. I wish it would not win because my "production method" does not appreciate the up to the elbow Vaseline arm treatment as I dig it out of the bag tucked into a 5 gallon bucket for my small little wax blend batches! haha!

Sending out boxes to 2 testers tomorrow. Their results will either break the tie I have running or solidify the mental turmoil the testing has created for me!

I'd rather not divulge how I know at this time, but CBL-125 and CW-125 are IGI-4630A, my container wax of choice

TY, TY. Had a feeling it might be so for two reasons. One is through burning the two but another I think I may have already divulged but too lazy to go check what I've said.

So for sure Dave? Like positive for sure? LOL It will save me from buying a slab of 125 to test side by side one last time since I don't have any left here.

Have you tried CW CBL130 by chance? I loved that wax but something changed. Could very well have been my own candle nose.

4627 is slightly winning out over 4630 in my wax blend for melts. I wish it would not win because my "production method" does not appreciate the up to the elbow Vaseline arm treatment as I dig it out of the bag tucked into a 5 gallon bucket for my small little wax blend batches! haha!

Sending out boxes to 2 testers tomorrow. Their results will either break the tie I have running or solidify the mental turmoil the testing has created for me!

Next up in the warmer here will be TCS/4627. TCS on its own still has a little HT so I want to keep it going a bit yet. Am guessing by noon the next one will be in. So, I got about 16 hours out of it. Not the 2-3 days 4625/6098 did but at least they're move up in longevity instead of down as the testing progresses.

TY, TY. Had a feeling it might be so for two reasons. One is through burning the two but another I think I may have already divulged but too lazy to go check what I've said.

So for sure Dave? Like positive for sure? LOL It will save me from buying a slab of 125 to test side by side one last time since I don't have any left here.

Have you tried CW CBL130 by chance? I loved that wax but something changed. Could very well have been my own candle nose.

I got the info from let's say; "The horse's mouth".

I'm unable to access my stock room right now, but I'm pretty sure I have about 5 cases of CW-130 there. If my memory serves me right it's IGI-6006 (parasoy), but please don't quote me on that one. I'm holding a sample of IGI-6006 in my-non typing hand as I write. It is the same propietary wax I have in stock. I'm really confident, but not certain, that the same "horse" told me about that one too.

This I do know! The melt point of IGI-6006 is 130F. :rolleyes2

I called the "horse" earlier and left a message requesting he call me back.

*dead horse*

I've got my fingers crossed for all of us. If he gets into this wax, so will I.

I think the trend to wickless is for real; Even more so than soy for wicked. The supplier(s) who take notice of this will be ahead of their competition. JMO

Dave

I'm really confident, but not certain, that the same "horse" told me about that one too.

Arighty. TY again. My horse told me they were not the same. I do have 6006 here but not 130. So, I could pour a straight 6006, use the same jars, same wick and one of the FOs from CC that did throw well in 130 before something went wrong and see how they compare. I should know by the burn since that was probably the nicest part of that wax (imo).

Well, it will be interesting to see what the horse has to say.

As far as wickless trending....We may be behind the trends up here in WI or I may be living too much under that darn rock. I recently found out Scentsy is popular here and worse yet with an extended family member :( She had a Scentsy haul on FB. Almost fell off my chair. Had never sent her a tart to test...That was when I was actually making them rather than testing new blends looking for greener grass.

Jeanie, I had this in my notes from the last time we discussed 125 vs 4630... it seems like I was also told in a CW email, but I can't find it... but here's what someone else on the forum said:

"I found this out when I asked them if they could order a pallet of 4630 for me, I'm closer to them than any other wholesale company and they replied with "...our CBL-125 is identical to that product and the only difference is we bring the product in liquid form and slab the material but not allowed to call it 4630"

I believe that was 001s thread, or he posted on it after someone started it. Jeanie, Ravens & Beth( I think) all called Candle Wic & asked about the waxes & similarities.

Maybe that's why I couldn't find the email............:whistle:

"I found this out when I asked them if they could order a pallet of 4630 for me, I'm closer to them than any other wholesale company and they replied with "...our CBL-125 is identical to that product and the only difference is we bring the product in liquid form and slab the material but not allowed to call it 4630"

This is almost verbatim what I was told. Only reason I know it wasn't me is because I didn't ask anything about a pallet of 4630. My interest at the time was CBL130 vs 6006 and stumbled on the 125 info.