The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

Jeanie, I looked at the pic you posted with the wax chips in the bowl. Mine are similar but larger.

Going to take a pic and post it, if it's not too complicated for computer fossil me, lol.

I just re-edited my post too if you haven't read it already.

Lol, that's what I just did, Jeanie. It is available at Tristate Candle Supply, but unfortunately they do not have a picture of it. It is the Astorlite V? Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.tristatecandlesupply.net/Candle_Making_Wax/index.php#AstorLite_V

That's all I could find too. Seems it's not carried by anyone else anymore. However, unless they are using two waxes how does the slab and pellet/wafer thing come into play if it is indeed 4641, I wonder.

I read on one of the search returns where someone said the Astorlite V was a great wax but wasn't totally melting in her melter. I ran into that today with a 4625 blend and Scentsy warmer. I need whatever I end up with to melt in those warmers because I have competition very close where it could turn into sales...possibly...down the road.

Just found out it is available from Connie's Candles.... well, they have it listed but don't know if it is in stock. And guess what I did (poor martyr me, lol)? I put a bag of 4641 in my Tristate cart :laugh2:

Now, I wonder if their FOs are any good.

I put a bag of 4641 in my Tristate cart :laugh2:
Now I'm really laughing. I did the same darn thing. Connie's may be less expensive? Off to check that one out. SMH!

Oh, just remembered...I heard Connie's has a great cranberry....while we're there.

Edited by jeanie353

You're right, Jeanie; looks like it may be the Clarus many have used and like, but they put their own lettering before the numbers. Wonder if they sell it cheaper than the company in the Dallas area?

It might be for you but shipping up here for a case would probably be a lot. I'm not sure on the Clarus yet. I gave mine away. However, after reading the rave reviews, dug around the storage room and found a hunk of it. Made it yesterday with CC Fallen Leaf and will give it another try tomorrow. It is a very pretty wax but I had a problem with HT.

The good news is I believe two waxes will be eliminated by end of day tomorrow.

You all are like Columbo!! I wish I could help!!! Let me know if I can! With this tcs wax, it is not that you are trying to get the price lower, it is more a case of not putting all of your eggs in one basket. I have seen time and time again when people do that, it bites them in the bum, be it fragrance suppliers, wax suppliers, pourette etc etc

You can get the 4641 from Aztec that's where mine came from, you have to call and order it though since its not listed on the site. LOL

Its was 8 I think for a 5 pound bag of course 10 pounds was a better deal but I can't recall the price. Its in one of my wax totes I have yet to try it. Along with clarus 3020, 3022, coconut wax, swans coconut slab, 4794, various soys which I probably won't ever try the soys! That's what I started with 464 and the candles were so ugly! Lol I love my 4627! 4633 I'm just not getting the same CT so I'm not liking it

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

A girl goes nighty night and you chicks post interesting things through the night-AND tempt me with a new wax!!

Whhhhhhyyyyyy??!!

Okay, I just made my batches yesterday from the TCS wax from Jeanne's stash (thank you!) and I found the pieces to be much more uniform that what you posted, Tracey (if I am following back well enough!).

They were what I would call teardrop or petal shaped. Each petal was flat-ish and about 1/2" in length. I melted them all or I would take a pic! Should have thought of that.

Hmmm...I just had a thought and may venture down to the dungeon of vegetable wax past,aka basement, and grab a scoop of that coconut wax it does say 110 degrees on the box after all and blend with some 4794 for a new wickless blend...hmmmm.. .I just haven't been in the magic maker mood this weekend but that all may change! If only I had 4625 to play with...

My bed seems to still be holding me hostage at the moment

EH? too lazy to go back & find what I said?

AFFIRMATIVE! This thread grew by PAGES while I slept! haha!

That was your picture, right???

Now you made me not be lazy and I have to go look!

SEE! I was wrong! It was Ravens picture!

I do not like that this wax seems ALL OVER THE PLACE! Different sized flakes/pellets, slab each time. I like uniformity and do not like change! I need it to make up it's mind!! hahaha!

Edited by justajesuschick