NEED A GOOD COCONUT ASAP

jackbenimble

Hi guys! Recently  candle science discontinued their island  coconut fragrance oil. Now I need a new coconut fragrance oil to replace it. I use 464 soy wax so please suggest  oils that would work with soy. Thank you so much for your help. 

The best one I liked that I have tried in soy was WSP Caribbean coconut and I use 415

I never ordered more however because I was still searching for the best out there and haven't found it yet....coconut is a hard one to find that doesn't have suntan oil smell or overly sweet 

when I get back to really nailing that one down if I can't find better I will be using the WSP 

sorry that isn't much help 

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

The best one I liked that I have tried in soy was WSP Caribbean coconut and I use 415

I never ordered more however because I was still searching for the best out there and haven't found it yet....coconut is a hard one to find that doesn't have suntan oil smell or overly sweet 

when I get back to really nailing that one down if I can't find better I will be using the WSP 

sorry that isn't much help 

Thank you moonshine! That does help. I use it in a blend and folks seem to be ok with the suntan notes. I'll definitely try it 

Yes, I agree that Blissful Coconut smells nice oob but my honest opinion it's "ok".....nothing to write home about.. I do use it for a couple of accounts but to me, it's missing the coconuty sweet scent like the shredded coconut you buy in the grocery store and you just could inhale it?     And Flaming is my main supplier and I also use 464.  But I'm still hunting for a good one.  Now I have been blending it with vanilla voodoo and it is a more richer coconut scent if that helps any.

Now I do have coconut creme from Flaming that I will be testing this week.  It still smells like Coconut Bliss to me, but won't decide till it gets burned.

Trappeur

• Like 1

The chemistry store has a coconut cream thats pretty good :) I had a sample of coconut milk from Peak - no go :( smelled cheap OOB to me.

Ive tried several coconuts and not a huge fan. However, I do like coconut Lemongrass from Sweetcakes + Lebermuth has one as well.

Oh, the chemistry store also has a vanilla butter that is really nice too, to my nose has a tropicalish smell, kinda like coconut but not the 

kind that Trappeur describes. They also have a pineapple jasmine thats really good + I don't care for florals. Let us know what you find.

12 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Yes, I agree that Blissful Coconut smells nice oob but my honest opinion it's "ok".....nothing to write home about.. I do use it for a couple of accounts but to me, it's missing the coconuty sweet scent like the shredded coconut you buy in the grocery store and you just could inhale it?     And Flaming is my main supplier and I also use 464.  But I'm still hunting for a good one.  Now I have been blending it with vanilla voodoo and it is a more richer coconut scent if that helps any.

Now I do have coconut creme from Flaming that I will be testing this week.  It still smells like Coconut Bliss to me, but won't decide till it gets burned.

Trappeur

Let me know how it does. I find most coconuts aren't very strong but great for bath N body .

ok, will do Moonstar.  That's good to know about the Chemistry store.  I've never ordered from them.  So I'll add that to my list with Moonshine's  WSP coconut one.

Coconut is really a hard one to figure out....well it has been for me.

Trappeur

19 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Would candlesciense special order small fragrance kegs?

I messaged them when I discovered this and they said that it was specially formulated for them so basically no. I did formally put in a request to bring it back. 

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Great question! The only one I found that I use as a blender is Peaks Coconut Milk.

Thanks! I've ordered Aruba Coconut from Peaks. Hoping it is at least a medium HT. 

3 hours ago, se2653 said:

coconut milk from MMS is very nice too....

Thank you for the recommendation. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...