Filmore Order I just Placed

Trappeur

I had to order some more balsam fir (Christmas Tree) from Filmore so while I was there and to get more at the same price in shipping I ordered the following:

Pumpkin Spice Chutney

Cocoa Therapy

Cedar Garland

Bayberry Cinnamon

Were these good oils to order as I have never tried these.  I know Candybee loves the Coco and Cedar Garland.  But what about the rest?  Did I make good choices?  I was especially interested in the bayberry cinnaman and some bayberries can be awful, so has anyone used this oil?

Thanks.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

I have poured all of these. Cocoa therapy is now my standard chocolate as it is amazing. Cedar Garland is my new favorite winter scent and I have already sold a ton. The Pumpkin Spice Chutney is good and I have sold a ton of it at markets. I am on the fence about the Bayberry and Cinnamon but it is growing on me. I love all of Fillmores scents.

Karen in MA

• Like 3

Pumpkin

I had to order some more balsam fir (Christmas Tree) from Filmore so while I was there and to get more at the same price in shipping I ordered the following:

Pumpkin Spice Chutney

Cocoa Therapy

Cedar Garland

Bayberry Cinnamon

Were these good oils to order as I have never tried these.  I know Candybee loves the Coco and Cedar Garland.  But what about the rest?  Did I make good choices?  I was especially interested in the bayberry cinnaman and some bayberries can be awful, so has anyone used this oil?

Thanks.

Trappeur

Oh my gosh Trappeur!! Pumpkin Spice Chutney is back in?? :):thumbsup2:  I had been waiting for them to get that back in stock before I ordered supplies. I have never ordered fragrances from them before but have ordered and  LOVE their jars and their awesome lids.  :)  When I order the list will be Pumpkin Spice Chutney, Christmas Tree, Cocoa Therapy, Cedar Garland, Nutmeg & Ginger and samples of Daffodil, Fresh Cut Grass and a couple of others. PLEASE do an oo bottle review when you get....I am going to live through your order until I can get mine! :)  From the reviews from the folks on here, I think you are going to be very pleased. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

I have poured all of these. Cocoa therapy is now my standard chocolate as it is amazing. Cedar Garland is my new favorite winter scent and I have already sold a ton. The Pumpkin Spice Chutney is good and I have sold a ton of it at markets. I am on the fence about the Bayberry and Cinnamon but it is growing on me. I love all of Fillmores scents.

Karen in MA

I'm not a bayberry fan myself as I don't really care for it, but for the holidays I have always thought it would be a nice scent to have on hand.  Bayberry is too sharp for me but the thought of adding something to it like cinnamon is something that I might rather like!

Trappeur

Yes Puma, when I was on the phone with Filmore this afternoon, the Chutney just came in and would be available tomorrow so I took a chance and ordered it because of all the great reviews I've been seeing about it.  I sure will let you know what I think it smells like out of the bottle. :)  It's funny but everything you had on your list is exactly what I had on mine and then at the last minute took off the Nutmeg and Ginger and Daffodil because I was trying to save money so I could get a few more scents that I have to have from Candle Science that I have to reorder.

Trappeur

Yes Puma, when I was on the phone with Filmore this afternoon, the Chutney just came in and would be available tomorrow so I took a chance and ordered it because of all the great reviews I've been seeing about it.  I sure will let you know what I think it smells like out of the bottle. :)  It's funny but everything you had on your list is exactly what I had on mine and then at the last minute took off the Nutmeg and Ginger and Daffodil because I was trying to save money so I could get a few more scents that I have to have from Candle Science that I have to reorder.

Trappeur

I know what you mean, I kept putting fragrances in and then taking out, then putting samples in , then taking out....it can make a Chandler crazy! :unsure:  Can't wait to hear your review Trappeur! When I went to order last night they had not "flipped" the out of order to in stock yet on the Pumpkin Spice Chutney. I imagine that will happen today. I will be ordering from them within the day. :) I am excited to try them out on their fragrances. :) If I am remembering correctly, all of those scents are skin friendly. I am planning on making foaming hand soap/lotion/hand sanitizer etc for the holidays .....I AM going to give Bath & Body Works a run for their money this year... hee hee. :) 

• Like 2

I just broke down and ordered,as well. Christmas tree, cedar garland, nutmeg ginger, iced lemon biscotti, pumpkin spice chutney, and citrus spruce. Hope I like them!!

:icon_highfive:    :)  Hey while you are in the mood, why not go for it??!! I am too! :biggrin:

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

I know what you mean, I kept putting fragrances in and then taking out, then putting samples in , then taking out....it can make a Chandler crazy! :unsure:  Can't wait to hear your review Trappeur! When I went to order last night they had not "flipped" the out of order to in stock yet on the Pumpkin Spice Chutney. I imagine that will happen today. I will be ordering from them within the day. :) I am excited to try them out on their fragrances. :) If I am remembering correctly, all of those scents are skin friendly. I am planning on making foaming hand soap/lotion/hand sanitizer etc for the holidays .....I AM going to give Bath & Body Works a run for their money this year... hee hee.  :)

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trappeur

Trappeur I have used all those oils in my candlemaking. I love all of them except the Bayberry Cinnamon. To me it has a slight medicinal note not to my liking but its a good seller. My personal favorite bayberry is Bayberry Apple Spice from C&S.

I'll take your word for that Candybee!   You always have the best combinations and suggestions...and yes I remembered  you saying in another post about the Bayberry Apple Spice from C&S.  So I'm going to order....But, geezum crow, what else can I get besides that as I never order from them?

Trappeur

• Like 1

The only problem now is that I got a shipping confirm that said it would not be until next Thursday. Next Thursday??? How am I supposed to wait that long?? I am fan of 2 day shipping!!

Make up another soap that we all can drool over......lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

Ok...I just ordered my first scents from Fillmore along with some jars/lids that I love from them. I got OF COURSE ......Christmas Tree, Cedar Garland, Nutmeg Ginger, Cocoa Therapy, Pumpkin Spice Chutney, Creamy Chai Latte  and samples of Fresh Cut Grass and Daffodil which I have also read raves about. If anyone is looking for an adorable jar for Fall/Christmas, Fillmores Thumbprint jars are just wonderful. I put a 2.5" label on the top and a 4x2 kraft label on the front of the jar and the warning label on the bottom. These were great sellers for me last year and I ordered more tonight along with the handled mug jar (Think I will make some coffee candles with these). :)  The thumbprint jars make awesome layered jars or whipped wax/embed jars or just a nice pretty jar with one scent. Just a thought if someone is looking to add something new to their line this season. :) Ohhhhhhh......now we wait for delivery !!   :yay:  

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

I'll take your word for that Candybee!   You always have the best combinations and suggestions...and yes I remembered  you saying in another post about the Bayberry Apple Spice from C&S.  So I'm going to order....But, geezum crow, what else can I get besides that as I never order from them?

Trappeur

I don't order a lot of FOs from C&S but the ones I do order every holiday season are:

Bayberry Apple Spice

Christmas Splendor

Others I love are:

Witches Brew

Drakkar

Orange (the best straight orange I have found as a mixer)

Vanilla Pods

Can't think of any others at the moment. All of these work great in parasoy and palm candles. The witches brew I use in CP. It discolors to a medium brown but holds its scent very nice and strong.

I have to add that C&S is like any other collection of FOs as they are hit or miss. The ones I mentioned are hits and so good I keep using them year after year.

Also, they have a harvest spice that is their number #1 seller. I keep trying to get it but it is normally sold out every time I happen to look for it. I am guessing that it must be good but my thoughts are if its always going to be OOS why bother? KWIM?

Thinking I might just intercept Puma's package and open it so I too can have the pleasure of sniffing all those new FOs..... :icon_tiptoe:

Delivery is next Tuesday! :bliss: Whoooo Hoooooo!!!! Dare ya to try ......hee hee.... :)

Edited by puma52

Christmas tree was so worth ordering- I LOVE it!

I never ordered from Fillmore before thinking they were mainly a container supplier and their FOs probably not being that great- boy was I wrong!

Nutmeg ginger- cedar garland- cocoa therapy and apple blossom are amazing OOB- I haven't been able to get them in wax yet my son came home from college and got his wisdom teeth out yesterday....so maybe later this week I can get to it

• Like 1

Are you ready for some more winners from Fillmore? I know Old Glory is! Tehehehee!

Tuberose and Jasmine - this is an incredible floral, crazy good in candles and CP soap

Iced Lemon Biscotti - this is so good you want to drink it. Excellent in candles, very strong, very lemony.

Butterscotch Brulee - another one that smells so good you want to drink it. Great in candles but especially good in soy.

• Like 1