Anyone Like Gargoyles?

TallTayl

Here's a new one. It's version 1.0 of the Winged Gargoyle made in bleached beeswax for the 2012 collection. He will join the 2012 Green Man this, the closing weekend, of the Bristol Renaissance Faire.

I envision him in many many many swirled beeswax colors. But for now, he's just plain white.

post-12349-139458501724_thumb.jpg

post-12349-139458501738_thumb.jpg

post-12349-139458501741_thumb.jpg

pencil.png

He doesn't burn too badly either. It's difficult to wick this type since the top is so different from the middle. If you keep up with the first hour or so it burns excellent. The only problem at this point is I melted through the space beneath his right horn. Booooooo..... wax drip. I love watching his face glow. Should be fun a little further down as his belly glows.

post-12349-139458501744_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
Here's a new one. It's version 1.0 of the Winged Gargoyle made in bleached beeswax for the 2012 collection. He will join the 2012 Green Man this, the closing weekend, of the Bristol Renaissance Faire.

I envision him in many many many swirled beeswax colors. But for now, he's just plain white.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24764[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24765[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24766[/ATTACH]

pencil.png

I realize this post is is back in August last year, but where did you find a gargoyle mold to use?

He is just super cool!

I have an old Gargoyle downstairs my sister brought home for me from her trip to Europe a few years ago - the wife makes me keep it in the basement. :(

I realize this post is is back in August last year, but where did you find a gargoyle mold to use?

He is just super cool!

I have an old Gargoyle downstairs my sister brought home for me from her trip to Europe a few years ago - the wife makes me keep it in the basement. :(

Hi!

He is a custom mold - scuplted in clay then cast in silicone. I just love him.