Been awhile... goodies we make... (pic heavy)

CraftyChris here, been awhile, like a YEAR!!! Thought I would share some of the goodies we make in our shop.... :) We use mostly paraffin, but also work with gel, and soy in some of our candles, depending on the look I am trying to achieve.

For those who don't know me, I Christine, and I make candles full time for a living. I have been at it for about 15 years now, and have a staff of 7. We have a retail store, but specialize in wholesale orders, supplying a few chain stores here in Canada, and a lot of gift shops. I used to post on here all the time!! I found a lot of inspiration from my on line friends, and hope some of our candles inspire you as well.

post-634-139458500212_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500217_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500221_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500224_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500226_thumb.jpg

post-634-13945850023_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500232_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500233_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500235_thumb.jpg

post-634-139458500236_thumb.jpg

CraftyChris here, been awhile, like a YEAR!!! Thought I would share some of the goodies we make in our shop.... :) We use mostly paraffin, but also work with gel, and soy in some of our candles, depending on the look I am trying to achieve.

For those who don't know me, I Christine, and I make candles full time for a living. I have been at it for about 15 years now, and have a staff of 7. We have a retail store, but specialize in wholesale orders, supplying a few chain stores here in Canada, and a lot of gift shops. I used to post on here all the time!! I found a lot of inspiration from my on line friends, and hope some of our candles inspire you as well.

Those are lovely! Several look too beautiful to think about burning :) I'm curious about the pouring happening in the handcrafted.jpg How are the wicks being centered there?

Wow Chris!!!

Beautiful colors....beautiful candles.....LOVE the strawberry waffles....excellent idea for thinking outside the box!!!! I can see WHY you are so busy!!! Congrats!!!! Outstanding!!!!:yay:

Edited by puma52

Gorgeous Gorgeous & Gorgeous!!!! I'm curious though as to what happens with the gel wax underneath if you have real fruits etc in there. Do you have it wicked to where it stops & doesn't burn the gel?

Some candles, we pull up the wick after and put it in a clothespin, while the wax is still warm. It's just faster then sticking them up, pouring and then adjusting. If we are just doing a dozen or something, we will stick them up first.

Yes, the wicks are mounted on the gel, and we also use a special crimp on the wick, so it will go out, if the customer ignored the burning instructions... The gel is decorative only, but people bring them back for refills all the time.

Gorgeous Gorgeous & Gorgeous!!!! I'm curious though as to what happens with the gel wax underneath if you have real fruits etc in there. Do you have it wicked to where it stops & doesn't burn the gel?

Those who PM'd me about the labels, I am an avid scrapbooker, and I think it reflects in my work a lot. I also have taken a few graphics classes. We found it very cost effective to lease a professional printer, so we do print them all in house. The printer is good for our UPC codes as well. I used to pay a printer big bucks, then I got smart!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Never fails me... just when I think I have something I really like the looks of that I made, and I'm sitting there patting myself on the back.......... I come in here, and see these absolutely stunning products all of yall make.. and I have this overwhelming urge to hang my head and cry ! LOL

They are SO wickedly wonderful! Amazing job!

• 2 months later...