Please tell me why I should do this

dillypooh

Wanted to order the sample pack from Peaks and when I started checking out I saw that USPS Ground was going to cost me $16.20. This is almost as much as the samples cost. Of course I know I am on the east coast so please someone convince me to spend this much on 10 samples:mad: I am freaking out right now :shocked2:

Shipping right now is killer :shocked2: and sounds like it is going to get worse as time goes on this year. Like Pam said, I would order more if you are able to, if not just close your eyes as you push the button to process your order. If you are making candles to sell with these.. you should be able to make up your total costs on this purchase. From what folks have posted on here, it sounds like you can't possibly lose on Peak's scents. If I wanted the scents bad enough I would just grit my teeth and purchase them. Think positive....these scents could become your best sellers!:cheesy2:

I hear ya Minx!! It seems that every December when I have my orders almost complete, I end up having to order 1 or 2 things to complete them. I just want to pull my hair out because I KNOW that it is going to cost me $15 shipping to just order a couple of things.....drives me crazy!! It is just so darned painful right now with these shipping prices!!:angry2:

Edited by puma52

I would join their newsletter. They often have sales now that are announced in the newsletter. Sometimes the sale is off shipping, and other times they discount the sample pack. There are other sales, too.

I can't remember when the last sample pack sale was, so maybe it is coming up!

Peaks oils are worth the extra shipping cost imo.They have some of the best i've smelled and whether or not I personally like the scent,every one i've tried has been good and strong in soy.I will always order oils from them even if the shipping is through the roof because to me it's worth it. I have a few candles I made last year that i havn't burned yet and they are so strong!With most of my peak oil candles I can just leave one sitting on my counter in summer and every time I walk by I can smell it,and that's without lighting it!To me,the shipping cost is totally worth it! :-)

shipping is getting to be a killer..i feel your pain..

i have found one or two items are going to be around $15-17..no matter how light the box is..

but you can usually add several lbs..and the shipping might go up $3-4..

I just did a order..(not with Peaks) Wanting some samples also..I played around with the shipping rates..and found by adding several lbs..my shipping almost stayed the same..

But I know that does not help you ..when you are only wanting to buy samples..sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

and decide just how bad you really want them..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

I ordered from Peaks my first time this week. Did not like the shipping. They sent me a sample scent -Bird of Paradise and I love it. Got the email today and looked at their scent offerings and a few I like the sound of. But shipping? I just don't know. I think companies should be getting discounts from the big shippers for quantity. Maybe they have cut back on discounts? Horrible...and gas just went up to $3.99 here today.

Well, I didnt place an order until today. Glad I did because I was able to take advantage of their sale. Still didnt order but 7 fo. Shipping ended up costing $16.20.

Now hoping they will get here soon.

Oh and by the way...will someone please tell me where the smiley faces are on here????? LOL

shipping is a killer. I don't have any local places so I order everything. I wait for sales to help offset the shipping cost and try to let my wish list build up in the meantime. Atleast for now, I often don't have to pay sales tax from out of state retailers so that helps offset shipping cost too. I know that won't last but I appreciate it now. Every little bit helps. I love the scents from Peaks. Hope you enjoy yours.

Well, I didnt place an order until today. Glad I did because I was able to take advantage of their sale. Still didnt order but 7 fo. Shipping ended up costing $16.20.

Now hoping they will get here soon.

Oh and by the way...will someone please tell me where the smiley faces are on here????? LOL

Hey Dillypooh,

After you click on reply to thread...look to the right and you will see "go advanced" ...click on that...smiley faces etc to be found there.:cheesy2: I am going to try them out this week too!!! So excited!!!:yay: WHOO HOOO!!!