Could you

JanetsCandles

Could you add something like fresh, not dried, pumpkin to cp soap as part of your liquid ingredient? It's about the same consistency as some of the butters, but no real fat content. I've seen places talking about using dried pumpkin, but never fresh. Is there a reason to not try this?

Yes, I know, I come up with the weirdest ideas some nights...

Most of the fruit colors do fade or morph. For strawberries I added pink clay and a tiny bit of merlot mica to hold the color. If you're not into scrubbies, then filter out the seeds.

Pumpkin and carrot stay true in color.

Cucumber turns beige to gray beige.

Bath Mistress on You Tube has a video on adding pumpkin or banana to her cp soap. Don't remember which it is but the soap looks divine! If I can find the vid I will post it.

Here is the video Candybee is talking about. :-)

Question- could you add a tsp or tbsp of pumpkin purée to a MP soap as well or does this only work for CP/HP soap?

Edited by jackbenimble

Actually, haven't seen that one before. The one I was thinking of is her banana puree and mexican vanilla bean. Sorry, I can't figure out how to post the link. But she does a few on adding ingredients like pumpkin, bananas, strawberries, etc. I like her videos and the Villa Fortuna (sp?) vids on swirling too.

Question- could you add a tsp or tbsp of pumpkin purée to a MP soap as well or does this only work for CP/HP soap?

Doesn't look like it. The puree would rot in MP soap and cause all sorts of bacterial problems. Saw a place that they said to use the powder for MP. But if you have a dehydrator, that should be easy enough in theory, if you wanted to do it yourself.

Well I have a different take on that coming from my own personal experience making M&P. I have added fresh orange juice, lemon juice, including rind, zest, and fresh pureed strawberries, to my M&P. They turned out lovely! Especially the lemon sugar scrub soaps and my strawberry lime soap.

I have not tried pureed or canned pumpkin yet but I know of M&P soapers that have used them before without problems. I would have no problem adding pumpkin to my M&P.

If it helps, I use no more than 1 tbs pp of any fresh or canned or pureed fruit to my M&P base. Don't count on it adding any scent thou. Just use a fragrance that compliments the type of soap you are trying to make. Depending on what you add it may or may not discolor your soap.

I have always wanted to add fresh vanilla bean to my M&P soap. Thats why I was interested in the CP soap vid with the Mexican Vanilla. Although I think now that I am making more CP soap I will definitely try this in CP sometime.