Do you wash your glassware before pouring?

Most of the time, yes I do. I've had issues with some of the glassware having dust that you can't really see, so have trouble getting the wicks to stay stuck. Also, it's just not that great of an idea for the burn, flammable particles in the wax. But for the most part, yes I do.

I was always told that glass/ceramic mass produced items, just like cookware and dinnerware, have a film on them and should be washed before use to avoid mixing with items put in them. I also make alot of gel candles and no matter how clean the glass looks, when testing not washing, I've noticed a cloudiness in clear gel, so I've always washed for every type of candle.

Usually I don't wash them. But I did buy one style of glassware from C&S about 7 or 8 years ago and it had that slippery/oily film on it. I use the glue pot and my wicks would NOT stick to the glass. So...I had to wash those jars. But...so far all of the glassware from Fillmore that I have used, no oily film and the wicks stick right away. I DO wipe the inside and outside of the jars with a cloth because of dust particles and cardboard dust in them.

I thought I had the right recipe down to stop any wet spots. Then I got lazy and poured into jars that I had not washed and my wet spots came back, so I'm back to washing my jars. 8oz masons are the ones that did this to me.

Do I wash? Depends. Some of the glassware arrives dusty or gets dusty in the desert here so I clean that. Otherwise, no.

Einstein and I do shower once a month whether we need it or not though. She likes the blow dryer and then snuggling in a dry towel. Nothing like having a cat that is fluffed and folded. :)