presto pot

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On eBay I see them for about 80$ are they worth it. I do not prodoc candles but can make a lot in one day.:confused:

You'll get a lot of opinions - some like it with the spigot and some dont, they dip the wax out. I bought mine off ebay with the spigot and absolutelly love it - I don't scent/color mine in the pot - it's just ready to go 190 degree wax and I refill it as I go. Haven't had any issuses with leaking (looking for wood) or anything. The one thing to watch is where you set it because (if you are anything like me) you'll never wait long enough for that last drip - thus you will have drips on the floor! I'm lucky, with my shop in the basement it's just a concrete floor so I don't worry about it.

I have a lot of things in my shop that I can't "live" without... My Prestos would be at the top of the list ! A lot of people use the ones that have had a spout put in them, I dont, because I usually work in 1 to 2 lb at a time batches(even if Im pouring 20 scents that day ), so I just ladle mine into a measuring cup sat on my scale. Before the housefire, I had four going at all times, 2 for the one wax I use for melts, one for the core of the taper candles I'd pour and one for the tapers over dips. I just get mine at Wally World, wash it out , set it up and off we go !

I ordered mine from prestopotwaxmelter.com for $59.95 plus $16.95 shipping ($76.90) or you can order 2 pots for $117.90 ($58.95 each) without shipping.

I have used mine for 3 years with the spigot and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Have not had any problems at all with the spigot

and it actually makes my work alot faster. I don't add any FO or dye in the actual presto pot, just the wax.

I love mine and couldn't imagine candlemaking without them. I have the spigot ones as I'm not into the ladle method at all. I got mine at Aztek. They are 54.99 and have same day shipping if ordered by noon. Here's a link to their presto pot. http://www.candlemaking.com/store/Presto-Pot-Wax-Melter-P2358C12.aspx It comes with the spigot already attached. I have had no problems with the spigot either. I like Aimee only melt wax in mine then use the spigot to run the wax into my pot then add my color and FO. The only time I had wax get stuck in the hole was when I used it to make wax dipped bears and didn't clean it out right away. It was easy to take care of as I used a wooden skewer to push though the hole then put hot water in and ran it though the spigot.

I have a pot with a spigot also. To help with the drips I have the lastest box of wax that I have opened on a storage tub right underneath where the drips happen. That way if I don't get it closed completely (it happens late at night) then I don't have a huge mess or dogs/cats getting into something they shouldn't.

Kim

Have had mine for a lot of years. Except for a few touch ups with JBWeld it has held up through all the use and abuse I've put it through. Did get a 2nd one now but we haven't put the spigot in yet.

I use it (them) all the time and couldn't imagine not having one. We followed the directions on YouTube to put the spigot in. Was really easy. Only mistake was initially I did not write down that the part(s) had to be brass to conduct the heat. Fixed that and was fine.

Yep. Only thing is, we did find on the new one we bought it is a bit smaller than the old one. Am not sure if they just downsized a bit or if they are now making different sizes. The difference isn't a lot but just wanted to mention it.

You can get the parts for the spigot at HD, Lowe's, Menards, etc.

HTH & GL

I wouldn't dream of making candles without a Presto WITH A SPIGOT!

No way am I going to use a big spoon of any kind and slop wax all over creation, leaving me with yet another utensil to clean.

Prestos with spigots are the best thing since sliced bread.

Well said!! There's enough to clean when making candles, the less to clean up the better. :)

Well said!! There's enough to clean when making candles, the less to clean up the better. :)

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!...LOL I love my presto w/the spigot I got it off of ebay Southern Cross I believe I made an offer of $40 +15 shipping..ready to get another one also lol

Yep. Only thing is, we did find on the new one we bought it is a bit smaller than the old one. Am not sure if they just downsized a bit or if they are now making different sizes. The difference isn't a lot but just wanted to mention it.

You can get the parts for the spigot at HD, Lowe's, Menards, etc.

HTH & GL

Thanks Jeanie!

The only one I can find that is close to my house is this one: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_011W002423510000P#desc

It looks like the same one. But is it? I'd rather be able to pick one up today than wait to have it shipped.

Thanks Jeanie!

The only one I can find that is close to my house is this one: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_011W002423510000P#desc

It looks like the same one. But is it? I'd rather be able to pick one up today than wait to have it shipped.

Looks the same. I'd say yep, go for it.

I agree with posters above on how convenient and less messy using the spigot is vs ladles and more mess. Well, at least for me it is more mess :)

I ordered mine from prestopotwaxmelter.com for $59.95 plus $16.95 shipping ($76.90) or you can order 2 pots for $117.90 ($58.95 each) without shipping.

I have used mine for 3 years with the spigot and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Have not had any problems at all with the spigot

and it actually makes my work alot faster. I don't add any FO or dye in the actual presto pot, just the wax.

Ditto Aimee!! Ordered from the same place. I just LOVE my presto pots w/the spigot...couldn't do it without them...even though I do some wishing for the "big boy" water-jacketed wax melters!! :)

Just picked up my Presto Pot from scam-Mart, and was reminded why I NEVER shop at that store here, it's never a good experience. The kmart website said it was $28.49. The tag on the shelf said it was $29.99. When they scanned it at the register it came up $37.99. I told them what the shelf price tag said and showed them the website price from my phone. And they said "oh our prices aren't the same as the website." Huh????? (I could have purchased it from the site for $28.49 and then picked it up, but I figured meh! I'll just walk over and get it off the shelf myself). Now the cash register I was at was 2 floors below the the appliance area, the store was boiling hot and a line of bitchy NY'rs was piling up behind me and I just wanted to get out. The manager said "I'll give it to you for $34.99". I really should have put up a fight, but they keep that store just so damn HOT. Anywho, I'm so happy I finally have my PP, even tho I got ripped off :/

I might catch it for this, or at least get some eyebrows raised, but am I the only one that uses a ladle and measuring up to measure and weigh the wax, and just covers both up really well at night and never washes it? Im dipping out 1/2 and 1 lb batches at a time, sometimes 2 or 3, but, I dip out into my measuring cup sitting on my scale, then put it in my "mix pot" where I mix the scent and dye, and then do tps... or if Im just doing melts, I just dip into the measuring glass, scent and pour then clean? I just dont ever clean the cup that I measure wax into to weigh it nor the ladle when doing tps, since they never touch scent nor wax, I never saw the sense in washing them up. I dont see that Im having to wash anything more a day than the ones that use a spigot. .