What wax for tarts do you use???

julz81

I believe that the last time I bought 2 cases it was over $80; yikes! Could be wrong, I'd have to check the receipts, but I know I nearly fainted when I saw that, LOL

Sure wish I could get it from LoneStar, :rolleyes2

Aren't you in Tx Ravens? What is the shipping like?

Ravens- have you tried straight paraffin (IGI1343) mixed with 4630? I've tried soooooo many tart waxes/blends, and TCS was one of my favorites, but shipping to NJ is expensive! I recently tried KY's blend again, and I just can't get it to have a goot Cold OR hot throw! Anyway, I do a 60/40 mix of 1343 and 4630, and it's VERY similar to TCS- It's rock hard like TCS, and removes from the molds easily- takes up to 10% FO, and the scent throw is equal to TCS. It sucks having to blend, but you can get both of those from Lone Star, I believe! Anyway, thought it'd be worth a mention! :)

Ok just because no one has mentioned it, I have amazing results with 4794 :)

It's a harder wax ( votive ) but it works well here in the south when Im at craft shows in 100+ degree weather

There's practically an immediate turn around and no cure time on almost every one of the 362 scents I've tested from various suppliers.

I dont like to wait LOL I love the "no cure time".

I have literally went home from a two day show, had to make some extras up, poured them at 3 am and burned them for customers back at the craft show 4 hours later ! Gotta love that !

Thank you so much, Spellkast! I haven't used that blend, but I sure am going to try it. Heading to the LoneStar website right away. Thank you; I certainly appreciate it :cheesy2:

Ravens- have you tried straight paraffin (IGI1343) mixed with 4630? I've tried soooooo many tart waxes/blends, and TCS was one of my favorites, but shipping to NJ is expensive! I recently tried KY's blend again, and I just can't get it to have a goot Cold OR hot throw! Anyway, I do a 60/40 mix of 1343 and 4630, and it's VERY similar to TCS- It's rock hard like TCS, and removes from the molds easily- takes up to 10% FO, and the scent throw is equal to TCS. It sucks having to blend, but you can get both of those from Lone Star, I believe! Anyway, thought it'd be worth a mention! :)

IWantItGreen-YES!!! Thank you! I forgot- I do add 1/2 tsp. pp of vybar to help with the FO retention!!!!

BlackTie- I haven't tried the 4794, but I LOVE 4786...it's just a little too soft unless it's for personal use, unfortunately. :( Is 4794 similar do you know?? I'm always looking for better products! LOL. I'm in the minority here, and think that most of the scentsy stuff I tried lasts a LONG time, and always manages to fill my house with fragrance, and I'd really love to replicate that since I'm in a very SCENTSY HEAVY area. Ugh...

Wellllll... I dont know if 86 is close to 94 :( In all honesty, I read and read for literally years before I ever made the first thing and I kept hearing "4794, 4794 " for melts, so, I ordered my first case, it was so very easy to use, looked good, held and threw a nice scent load at 1:1 ( I only carry 3 scents that I have to put more than 1 oz in.. if it doesn't bomb me away at 1oz, I rarely use it. ) HT and CT was wonderful.

I lucked up, and just haven't felt the need to try anything else yet.

Kinda, if it aint broke dont "fix" it!

Spellkast, is there a difference between 1343 & 1343A or are they actually one in the same? If they are different, which one are you using with the 4630? I currently use 4630/4625 but I am always on the hunt to better my tarts. I just ordered some 6098 to try with my 4625, but I am interested in trying the 4630/1343 (or 1343A) combo.

Thanks!

Spellkast, is there a difference between 1343 & 1343A or are they actually one in the same? If they are different, which one are you using with the 4630? I currently use 4630/4625 but I am always on the hunt to better my tarts. I just ordered some 6098 to try with my 4625, but I am interested in trying the 4630/1343 (or 1343A) combo.

Thanks!

I'm not spellcast, but the difference in the 1343 and 1343a is that one mottles and the other doesn't. I buy my 1343 from Peaks and it will mottle. If you're making tarts, I don't think it would make a difference on which one you go with.

Edited by IwantItgreen

• 10 months later...
Pixie...if you don't mind sharing..did you do a 50/50? I have like 20# of 4627 I'm trying to figure out how to use up.

I did 50/50 4627 and 4786. The throw is amazing, hot and cold but they are hard to get out of the clamshell. They won't crack when I bend them, so I have to run a butter knife along the lines and they'll pop out. Less than convenient. I'm going to try a little less 4627. I did do 464 and 4627 50/50 and it smells wonderful and is a breeze to get out!

Karen, I have been testing 4625, 4627, 4630, 4794 and 4786. Some alone, some in combinations.

I have tested 50/50 4625/4627. I cannot tell a bit of difference in that and the 4625/4630 in the same percentages in the rounds I have tested thus far.

The melts I have made with the 4627 do seem a bit softer (of course) than other combinations.

I am taking tomorrow off work and am making 8 small batches of 4625/4627 with the 4627 in a smaller percentage and Saturday the same 8 batches with my stand-by 4625/4630 for yet another round of testing.

I also still need to test a few other combinations of the 5 I listed. Surely I have missed some combination that will blow me away more than the others!! haha!

I started with soy CBA and 464. CBA didn't work but looked pretty, 464 looked terrible and only threw for a couple of days. So I started using palm and I liked it but customers said it took forever to melt and they weren't getting a good scent throw. So I had purchased 20lbs of sparkle light palm from peak and didn't really like the look of it compared to the glass glow so I started mixing it with the leftover case of 464 I had and I really like it. It throws well and melts quicker, the scent has last much longer than any other combo I have tried. The other palm waxes I have work well with the 464 also.