What wax for tarts do you use???

julz81

I'm still trying to debate which to try, hope to buy some soon. So to help all us newbies and to keep it all in one thread. would you guys be willing to post what wax you use and what your thought are on it, and Possibly where you got it.. I have been searching for through post for weeks now and still debating....

also what you tried and didn't like and such...

TIA

I'm still trying to debate which to try, hope to buy some soon. So to help all us newbies and to keep it all in one thread. would you guys be willing to post what wax you use and what your thought are on it, and Possibly where you got it.. I have been searching for through post for weeks now and still debating....

also what you tried and didn't like and such...

TIA

im a newbie as well and I am tring 416 I like it so far but its the only one I have tried, maybe you can call goldn brands for a sample of it to try

I should, Jeanie, I really think I should. Shipping that baby here isn't cheap, but can't find it anywhere else.

However, I did order the 6098 but it's probably a bit softer than TCS (The Candle Source) wax. I think you tried both; any similarities?

P.S. Why do I have the feeling you're going to say, "Well, Ravens, they are both waxes...":laugh2::laugh2: Have a funny suspicion you're in a teasing mood tonight, LOL

I think you are getting kickbacks for being a rep :laugh2:

I should, Jeanie, I really think I should. Shipping that baby here isn't cheap, but can't find it anywhere else.

However, I did order the 6098 but it's probably a bit softer than TCS (The Candle Source) wax. I think you tried both; any similarities?

P.S. Why do I have the feeling you're going to say, "Well, Ravens, they are both waxes...":laugh2::laugh2: Have a funny suspicion you're in a teasing mood tonight, LOL

I was in a teasing mood last night but you all got quiet so I went to bed....lol.

6098 is a different breed altogether Ravens. It isn't like TCS wax or 4625. If you are going to make tarts (unless for personal use), I think you may have to mix one of the tart/votive blends with it....personal preference there. For home use....heck ya. It might be fine for selling too. I did not try it on its own. There is some soy in it too.

I also use KY SOY Votive/Tart Wax and love it!

I was at RE earlier in the week and was checking that out Candy. I didn't get it but on your recommendation I think I will next visit.

I did get their granulated paraffin and KY 125. Blending that at 50/50 I may be getting a really good HT. Jury is out as I only tried one FO which was Zucchini Bread. Oh my...love that FO. Will be lighting up another today to see if it throws as well. At 50/50 it is requiring a 2nd pour though.

I am in the same boat as I am continually on the hunt for a better combo. I had settled with the 4630/4625 for quite awhile but every now and then another wax will peak my interest. I am looking forward to trying the 6098 with a bit of 4625 to see if that will throw any better than the 4630/4625 combo. I personally didnt care for the KY tart wax that much. I wouldnt mind trying the TCS wax again but the shipping is just too much for me especially since I dont sell as a business (only to the occasional friend/neighbor) and I can not justify it.

Jeannie, the KY (now AH/RE) zucchini bread is great. There are a few other KY oils that I still use and love... mandarin spice, hot maple toddy, country gift shop, vermont maple syrup & toasted marshmallow. They are all great!

I am in the same boat as I am continually on the hunt for a better combo. I had settled with the 4630/4625 for quite awhile but every now and then another wax will peak my interest. I am looking forward to trying the 6098 with a bit of 4625 to see if that will throw any better than the 4630/4625 combo. I personally didnt care for the KY tart wax that much. I wouldnt mind trying the TCS wax again but the shipping is just too much for me especially since I dont sell as a business (only to the occasional friend/neighbor) and I can not justify it.

Jeannie, the KY (now AH/RE) zucchini bread is great. There are a few other KY oils that I still use and love... mandarin spice, hot maple toddy, country gift shop, vermont maple syrup & toasted marshmallow. They are all great!

I am hearing good reports on 4630 blended with tart/votive and also blended with a bit of soy for container waxes. I did have that one and dismissed it for one reason or another. Most likely wicks...ugh! Victory (6098) is pretty darn good but it is expensive when it gets to the case size. Only about $1-$2 more for slab size though and slab goes pretty far for me since I mix it 50/50. Still unsure about that as a keeper but it is definitely on my short list.

I picked up 7 scents at RE but I think only 3 were KY. The Sugar Corn Pudding is another one I really like. It doesn't throw quite as strong for me as Zucchini but I think it is worth getting a lb when I go back. Still have a few more to try out. I wrote down the ones you suggested from KY and will give them a try as well. Thanks for letting me know on those.

You know, I tried and I tried to make that wax work (the KY parasoy for tarts); I love that it's in granular form, but had no luck with it. Used/tested over one case of that wax, and the HT just didn't impress me one bit.

I have a good mind to send a sample of my beloved TCS wax to IGI and see if they can tell me what wax it is; it's possible it is one of their waxes - but which one?!

A case of TCS wax isn't any more expensive than others, but it's the shipping that's a killer:shocked2:

I was at RE earlier in the week and was checking that out Candy. I didn't get it but on your recommendation I think I will next visit.

I did get their granulated paraffin and KY 125. Blending that at 50/50 I may be getting a really good HT. Jury is out as I only tried one FO which was Zucchini Bread. Oh my...love that FO. Will be lighting up another today to see if it throws as well. At 50/50 it is requiring a 2nd pour though.

You know, I tried and I tried to make that wax work (the KY parasoy for tarts); I love that it's in granular form, but had no luck with it. Used/tested over one case of that wax, and the HT just didn't impress me one bit.

I have a good mind to send a sample of my beloved TCS wax to IGI and see if they can tell me what wax it is; it's possible it is one of their waxes - but which one?!

A case of TCS wax isn't any more expensive than others, but it's the shipping that's a killer:shocked2:

I didn't notice that a full case for $96.00 is 82 lbs where the case for $80.00 is 62 lbs. It is actually less expensive than many. I stand corrected in high cost.

I find it really interesting that you had that experience with KY Parasoy! I use it and I get an amazing HT every time. It's funny how people can have such different results using the same wax :)