1st Pine scent

Prim-Beginnings

I am thinking I should add a pine type of scent this year for xmas ... I personally don't like the pine scents so I am having a little trouble sorting through them ... maybe a blend of something and pine ... any suggestions?

I have in wax right now to test

CS mistletoe

CS christmas hearth

Peaks home for the holidays

AH/RE mittens and mistletoe

I thought I liked the home for holidays the most ... but my lady friends who do testers for me both gave it a thumbs down (come to think of it they gave all 4 of them a thumbs down!!) ... CS mistletoe smells simple and subtle ...

Last year I tried santas whiskers from KY and I forget now ... and NG christmas cabin ...

Any suggestions as to where to go with a first pine scent? maybe a blend that is not straight pine?

Mints or cranberries or vanilla and maybe a little nutmeg cinnamon or clove added to it might help those out. Oooo wait, maybe apple (at least for the Home for the Holidays it might save it.)

And then I forgot, what about some chestnuts and brown sugar with a mix of pine?

Oh there's a cranberry peppermint that Lonestar has that just might be great with one of those pines too.

Totally not a mistletoe fan reguardless of who makes it.

If you really want a great scent invest in some Peak's cinnamon balsam though.

Edited by Scented

I agree with Scented....that Cinnamon balsam from Peaks is really a very classy fragrance....great choice!

Candle Science mistletoe EVERYONE loves.......Some people sell it as a pine....but it's not a pine at all, but it sells like the dickens. I think the name "mistletoe" sells it also, so I make and sell that scent even though I'm not a lover of it as like what Scented says, no matter what company sells it. I do quite a bit over these past few years with pine which is my best seller. You might want to try a sugared spruce. It's a different kind of pine but quite beautiful.

I made up a collection just recently for a store combining chestnuts and brown sugar mixed with Jack Frost which I just couldn't fathom even combining those 2 together, but it took me by surprize and is really quite nice, but you have to be careful with it and not use too much of the Jack Frost which will overtake anything. Candly Soylutions has sugared spruce - and really quite beautiful and also Lone Star I recommend Spruce Orchard for another sugared spruce.

Community candle has Christmas tree which is a very fresh crisp just plain pine tree scent. If you mix this scent with Cranberry Marmalade from Candle Science I think you would like that combination.

My all time favorite I've used for years is Fillmores Christmas tree which is really "balsam fir".......really beautiful. I also do a combination of vanilla and balsam fir for a softer scent. I use Vanilla Voodoo and Christmas Tree.

Trappeur

I poured peaks winter wonderland too, it didn't make my second chance list ... i thought it was too 'perfumy' ( i don't mean not a nice scent, just not for my line)

I have cranberry marmalade cs, and vanilla voodoo

cinnamon balsam sounds gross, but i'll get a sample and try it! it must not be too bad ...

I'll have to try some of these out! Running out of time though!!

Edited by Prim-Beginnings

I'm not a big pine fan either. My rabid pine fan that does testing for me LOVES Rocky Mountains (Flicker's) from Elements. She says it's like breathing in a pine tree. Me, give me Winter Festival from Moonworks any day of the week. My other favorite is Country Christmas from AH/RE. But, that might give you more cranberry than pine, which is probably why I like it.

I thought the same thing too with the cinnamon and balsam but it's beautiful and a wonderful seller. I'm a big pine connisseur (lol). I think I'm going to drop all my scents and just do pines....lol

Trappeur

I second that! I just love a good pine scent!

***Also Candle Wic has a scent called Winter Woods. It is very complex scent and not your typical mint and pine when you here that name. If you have ever smelled Winter Festival from MoonWorks it is very similar. HTH:-)

Edited by jackbenimble

I don't think of Christmas Hearth as a pine scent but it does have a pine note in it. Its a great earthy smoky scent with notes of pine and sweet spice. All together it smells wonderful. To me it smells just like a fire burning in my fireplace with a Christmas tree and spice treats in the room. All the notes go well together. Its also selling like crazy for me this year.

So is the CS Mistletoe. But I use CS Mistletoe at 3-4% in my candles cause its so strong. This one is definitely a pine type or Christmas tree type scent. You can also smell the eucalyptus oil in it and when a customer asks me for a candle with eucalyptus oil I point them to the Mistletoe. When they smell it they say they can smell the eucalyptus oil in the candle and usually end up buying it.

Rocky Mountain Christmas (Elements)- It is fabulous and throws amazing in soy... I do not like strong straight pine either and I LOVE this one, it is a very rich, high end smelling xmas scent that has woodsy notes in it to. I love Mistletoe also but to me it does not smell like pine

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine asked me for a "mistletoe type of scent", but after going through what all I have I don't have that and I'm not buying anything new (this economy sucks...). But I have plenty of pine, 'Christmas Tree', and 'Holly Berry' from Candle Science. Also 'Sugared Spruce' (I think from Candle Source). (edit: deleted a few here I definitely decided against...) Also The Scent Works 'Canadian Balsam', and 'Christmas Tree/Sea Pine' and 'Aspen Forest' both from Bert's. If any of you have experience with these and 'Mistletoe', can you recommend any of these being close to it? Edit: Also have 'Bayberry' by Candle Science.

I'm leaning toward 'Holly Berry' and 'Canadian Balsam'. 'Aspen Forest' and 'Sugared Spruce' both seem too sweet. But I'd appreciate tips from those of you who've used 'Mistletoe'.

Edited by Darbla