Rude Supplier..

ksranch

I have to vent. I absolutely hate having a supplier that I can not lose because they are the only one with one of my well selling FO's. I email a simple question, and get a snotty (not to mention unprofessional - no caps or punctuation or even a signature). I'd love to go back at them and tell them what I think, but can't give up that ONE FO. aarrgghh

Thank you, I feel better venting! lol:mad::tiptoe:

You certainly can and should tell them what you think of their crappy reply. It does not mean that you have to give up purchasing the oil. I have a had a couple of less than acceptable replies from suppliers over the years. Most of them were very kind once they knew I was annoyed and may never order from them again.

Edited by Noodle

You can always find a replacement oil. :-)

I have found that that is not always the case. I have had fragrances "duped" to try to get rid of "nasty" suppliers, but the "duped" ones are not identical to the original, or the throw is off or.... AND I have spent MUCH money on samples to try to replace from other suppliers. So I truly feel your pain ksranch!!

Maybe if you tell us what the FO is you might get some replacement suggestions.

I was trying to be nice and not disclose who it is... and they are the only one I know of with this dupe, so it would be a dead giveaway. Funny thing is, since I posted I received a second reply - it was "somewhat" nicer (although I don't appreciate the "as we told you before") but this time the entire message was IN caps! Okay, you yelling at me know?? Still no signature, still rude. I'm about to quit being nice - surely there is something from someone that smells this good. aarrgghh! I just don't get why they are acting that way. Okay, I don't spend the majority of my money there.. but geeezzzz.. to me, every customer counts unless they are unreasonable and all I did was ask a question.. maybe a stupid one to them. Okay, I'm sorry, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. ;0) ((I would go order 5 lbs to tide me over while I replace it and then blast them, but I don't wanna give them $120 right now either - okay, I'm really done. lol))

If I was truly not happy with a company/supplier, I would not give them any further business! IMO, it is like walking into a store and having them be snotty to you... no matter how nice their stuff is, I am not giving them my money...:angry2:

My 'absolutely' was in reply to finding a replacement oil, so I have no idea why you posted what you did to me!!

ChrisR., I got the impression that EnvyCandles was agreeing with you. The sentence probably should have beens tarted with I AGREE...

Anyway, I have always been the type to forgive rudeness- not chronic rudeness, but one mistake. Sometimes a supplier has an idiot working for him/her that he/she is not aware of. In the past, I have worked with horribly rude people who were very polite to "the boss". It happens. In a store, I ask to speak to the manager. I do the same with an email. Most of the time, I receive very kind apologies. Only twice did I receive crappy responses from the owner/manager, and have not since given them a dime of my money. This was a few years back, and I have posted about it.

Unfortunately some people just have no business providing customer service.

So many of us work so hard with our personal businesses I can't begin to imagine if we treated a customer like that. I hope I never feel "entitled" to make any of my customers feel like that with a snobbish email.

Unfortunately some people just have no business providing customer service.

So many of us work so hard with our personal businesses I can't begin to imagine if we treated a customer like that. I hope I never feel "entitled" to make any of my customers feel like that with a snobbish email.

AMEN!! I'll get over it... just hacked me off... might not be a lot of money, but mine is hard earned and I think they should appreciate it.... now back to the hunt to find who else has the "one" I have to buy from there.. ;0)

My 'absolutely' was in reply to finding a replacement oil, so I have no idea why you posted what you did to me!!

I AGREE!! :rolleyes2 LOL Finding a replacement oil is the best option!

ChrisR., I got the impression that EnvyCandles was agreeing with you. The sentence probably should have beens tarted with I AGREE...

Anyway, I have always been the type to forgive rudeness- not chronic rudeness, but one mistake. Sometimes a supplier has an idiot working for him/her that he/she is not aware of. In the past, I have worked with horribly rude people who were very polite to "the boss". It happens. In a store, I ask to speak to the manager. I do the same with an email. Most of the time, I receive very kind apologies. Only twice did I receive crappy responses from the owner/manager, and have not since given them a dime of my money. This was a few years back, and I have posted about it.

ABSOLUTELY FIND A REPLACEMENT OIL!!

:yay:

I used to use a supplier for a lot of my scents, not all of hers were strong, but I found some I really liked and sold well. She seems to be either well liked or hated on this board, she had a sale and I tried a few that were supposed to be great. They were pretty good so i continued to order from her.

I got in a bunch of oils and one had weird white floaties in it. I emailed and called and was told it was supposed to be that way. Basically tough poop. They were pretty rude about it. About the same time, on another board, somebody had problems with her before and said she would not use her again. Well, she was in need of a scent and ordered it and on the packing slip, it said Thought you wasn't gonna order from me again? Well that creeped me out!.

Most of us do not use our real names on boards, so this supplier was watching the boards so close and being a little detective and figured out who was who. No thanks. I ordered from other companies. I found new scents and have not went back to her website since.

I look at it like this. My Grandkids love ham and cheese sandwiches, but if I am out, they will look for something else and usually find something they like better....

I got in a bunch of oils and one had weird white floaties in it. I emailed and called and was told it was supposed to be that way. Basically tough poop. They were pretty rude about it. About the same time, on another board, somebody had problems with her before and said she would not use her again. Well, she was in need of a scent and ordered it and on the packing slip, it said Thought you wasn't gonna order from me again? Well that creeped me out!.

Stalk much? I would have been completely freaked out. I may have heard other horror stories about this particular supplier. About her trolling message boards etc. Scary.