Now berts is Closing :o(

Jewls819

Now another one of my favorite suppliers.AWE just closed a few months ago.Now Berts.Not sure how some of you feel but the candle business seems to be harder and harder.I decided not to do craft shows this year.Not because of not making alot(although I wished I made more) but because of a stalker.I had to go to the police.I can't go into 2 stores without him being there.He is right behind me.I won't go places by myself in the town I used to shop.I was told to get his license number but Hey I just get out of there. People can just order from my site.I am staying home.My husband works weekends so it isn't OK for me to do them.

I am going to have to find alot of fragrances from some other suppliers.Lemon Biscotti and many others I got from Bert were sellers.

LynnS

i don't think picking them up was her problem..

i don't know for sure, but reading between the lines, i think it was her supplier..

for some time now, she has not been able to keep her fo's in stock, on a regular basis..

I would think her supplier was having financial troubles..so therefore caused Berts business to

decline, because of low stock, and probably the economy combined didn't help..

Hopefully she can find another supplier, as Bert was a wonderful person to work with..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

If you have problems with a supplier.... shouldn't you look around for a better supplier ?

I believe Bert was trying to buy oils at a great price so she could pass the savings on to us. She had been looking for another supplier in the same price range for quite a while. But (IMO) it has just become too difficult to find that price range. So many oil manufacturers are raising their prices either because the raw material costs have gone up OR they've increased their prices to get their profit balance back to where it was before the economic hit. I know she enjoyed this business and worked hard to keep it going; must be very frustrating for her.

Great oils at a reasonable price to us may be getting harder to find. Many of the bigger suppliers have raised their prices the past couple of years ... and I expect the newer suppliers who are offering "discount" pricing now will be raising their prices before the end of the year.

Edited by Judy, USMC

I totally agree with you Candybee. Would be close to impossible for her to find the same oils that many of us loved and purchased. She is such a great lady to deal with...her prices great....most of her oils are great quality.

I sort of saw this one coming also.....kept hoping I was wrong. I'm so gonna miss her :(

Now another one of my favorite suppliers.AWE just closed a few months ago.Now Berts.Not sure how some of you feel but the candle business seems to be harder and harder.I decided not to do craft shows this year.Not because of not making alot(although I wished I made more) but because of a stalker.I had to go to the police.I can't go into 2 stores without him being there.He is right behind me.I won't go places by myself in the town I used to shop.I was told to get his license number but Hey I just get out of there. People can just order from my site.I am staying home.My husband works weekends so it isn't OK for me to do them.

I am going to have to find alot of fragrances from some other suppliers.Lemon Biscotti and many others I got from Bert were sellers.

LynnS

Wear a camera on a strap around your neck and stand right there in the store and snap his photo, while dialing 911 on your cell phone. Then snap a photo of his car from behind so you get a shot of his tags as he burns rubber getting out of there.