Dark Chocolate Mint

kandlekrazy

I'm looking for a comparable Dark Chocolate Mint to the one previously carried by Bert's Heaven Scent. I've ordered from 2 companies now and neither of them were good, didn't smell like chocolate and the scent didn't last at all in soy melts. It's one of my top sellers and I'm down to my last couple of ounces.

TIA!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I've tried 3 now and nothing comes close. With Bert closing, I guess I'm going to have to try to mix my own, I do have a good plain chocolate that is still available at another supplier. I'm especially sad because I burn this in the store almost every day and it is my #1 seller.

I noticed Rustic Essentials has a dark chocolate. I guess you could mix either straight peppermint or maybe a peppermint/vanilla blend with it and see what you get. Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Ky Peppermint Patty is really nice. It is more like a milk chocolate with a hint of peppermint (to my nose) but the effect is very pleasant. I mix ky graham cracker crust with it and call it "Grasshopper Pie". Not a real big seller this time of year but maybe this Christmas. HTH

Steve

Well I'm trying my 4th from the new place and if that isn't good I'm going to attempt to mix my own. I already have a strong chocolate and I have peppermint so trial and error until I get close...just hope the scent lasts half as long as Bert's did.

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed Rustic Essentials has a dark chocolate. I guess you could mix either straight peppermint or maybe a peppermint/vanilla blend with it and see what you get. Good luck and let us know what you find out!

I am looking at ordering a few oils to try to duplicate it myself. I was thinking RE dark chocolate and Mint Julep. I've never tried their Mint Julep but I'm hoping to get a little hint of sweetness in it. I have KY raw cocoa and a couple frosts thinking maybe I could work something up with those + a hint of vanilla but so far...no luck.

Edited by jeanie353

RE/AH's Mint Julep is a sweet mint and it's nice but more of a spearmint and the chocolate mint from Bert's was more of a peppermint to my nose. I still need to test the new dude's chocolate mint, probably pour some tonight so I can test by weekend. If this doesn't work I have a strong chocolate from GW and Peppermint from Candle Source that I'll start mixing till I get a blend I like.

RE/AH's Mint Julep is a sweet mint and it's nice but more of a spearmint and the chocolate mint from Bert's was more of a peppermint to my nose. I still need to test the new dude's chocolate mint, probably pour some tonight so I can test by weekend. If this doesn't work I have a strong chocolate from GW and Peppermint from Candle Source that I'll start mixing till I get a blend I like.

I too thought it was more toward a peppermint but with a little sweetness to the mint. If the description said it didn't lean toward peppermint, I missed it. Oh well, I ordered it this afternoon. I'll have to figure out what I'm going to mix up with it or maybe make a foot scrub or something else B&B. I do have some peppermints here but they are going to be too frosty I'm afraid. I did order a large RE's dark chocolate since there are so many things to mix with that if duplicating Bert's didn't work out so it isn't a total loss...lol.

I'm also on a mission to try to get somewhat close to TN Spicy Apples and Peaches. I did find an apple that has some clove along with some other spices and supposedly no crust. Probably very little clove the way that is in shortage right now. I thought..why not...seeing I was already working my addiction full force today.

I haven't checked the results post on the new dude's stuff recently and should do that. I was waiting for more reports to come in after the trouble one person had.

Thanks for letting me know about the mint being off. Will keep me from sitting by the window watching for the UPS guy in 3 days. :)

Edited by jeanie353

In the Cierra fo, do you smell more chocolate and a little mint or the other way around? I still need to test the last one I bought because this is one that OOB you just cannot tell.

I personally smell equal parts chocolate and mint. The mint is slightly stronger (when melting) but to my nose it truly smells just like a peppermint pattie. I am just not sure that I smell dark chocolate as opposed to just chocolate. In any case it is yummy good stuff and I just ordered more of it from Cierras.

Edited by megandgarr
typo

I know, I've tried 3 now and nothing comes close. With Bert closing, I guess I'm going to have to try to mix my own, I do have a good plain chocolate that is still available at another supplier. I'm especially sad because I burn this in the store almost every day and it is my #1 seller.

Where do you get your chocolate from?

• 1 month later...