Jump to content

Notes to self


Will
 Share

Recommended Posts

#1. Just because the dog wakes you doesn't mean you have to get up at 2:30 A.M.

#2. Just because you do get up doesn't mean you have to go mess with your latest pillar to see if its ready.

#3. Just because the candle is nice and loose doesn't mean you have to pull the mold sealer and the wax that seeped out the hole resulting in you dragging your thumb across the very sharp edge of the mold base.

#4. There are better ways to find marbling (sp) designs than watching the blood drip into the sink.

Sry ppl, just one of my no brainer things I've done when not fully awake.

Will

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hehehe- this is going to be a fun thread! :laugh2:

Note's to self: Numero Uno.. Hire someone! Pay union wages. I am not even kidding. I'll do for the right person. There are not enough productive hours in a day.

If I get thru this season I swear I am going to hire a personal organizer.

2nd note: Get a$$ off computer and go do some orders... LMAO!! :P

3rd note: Go find cabana boy... immediately!

If all else fails, repeat 3rd note until you are comatose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note to self:

1: Do NOT press down on the wax in the presto pot to see if it is cooled all the way through in order to pop it out, because wax WILL shoot out at a velocity rivaling a bullet.

2: When preparing to dip a bear, do NOT leave it on the table, where your two year old can get to it, and make it his new best friend, therefore breaking his heart when you have to have it to dip.

3: When making pillar candles, be SURE that you remembered to put mold sealer on the bottom of it, so that ALL the wax doesn't leak out into your pan that you have your mold sitting on.

4: Thank GOD for the pan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Notes to self:

1. Always remeber to turn presto to OFF. In fact just unplug the blasted thing, so that it doesn't get left on 200 degrees for days on end, unknown to you just exactly how many.

2. When poking relief holes do NOT put face directly over the mold that still has hot liquid wax in the center. Burning eyeballs are not my definition of fun!

3. Keep band aids under your refigerator mangents (if you work in the kitchen) for those late night mold monsters! they will attack!!! ... and replenish the stock as it dwindles.

4. Put gloves on before you try to turn the hot mold you just took the heatgun to.

5. Do not dance like a maniac with a pour pot full of wax in your hand! bad things are bound to happen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Make sure to wear gloves when holding a mold under the spigot on the Presto pot. That wax will heat up the mold FAST!

2. Make sure spigot is turned to CLOSED before you hear the wax flowing out onto the floor.

3. Make sure to spray the molds with Pam before adding the wax, especially when making hurricanes.

4. Do NOT use a knife to get hurricanes mentioned in #3 out of the mold when Pam was not sprayed... the mold will be ruined.

5. Do NOT pull the wick pin out of a palm wax pillar before it's cooled off. The wax WILL run out of this hole. Also, do NOT unmold said pillar before it's ready.

6. When pouring one ounce samples of FO into the Presto pot, do not let it slip from your fingers into the pot. If this happens, do NOT reach into the wax to get it, especially palm wax that is 200 degrees.

7. When a mold is in the oven to be cleaned, do NOT reach into the oven and grab the mold without gloves. It will burn skin. Also goes for pour pots and glass containers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note to self:

1. Screw the top of every candle colorant back on each and every time you use it. No matter what, even if you are going to pick it back up again in less than 3 minutes.

2. Votive molds are not your friend.

3. When cleaning tester jars, wear gloves when taking them out of the oven. Hot glass shatters into many more pieces than cold glass.

4. When in doubt, steal mystical angel's cabana boy and make hanky panky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) Do not grab heat gun by nossle to move after you have just used it, or try to grab it by the same nossle if it starts to fall, after you have just used it.

2) Do not pick up glue by the cord until the wax has cooled.

3) Remember to take metal tape off of bottom of mold before trying to pull pillar out of mold.

4) Keep a bottle of aloe vera handy in the kitchen for #1

5) Heavy rubber gloves and paper towels are your friend when trying to clean votive or pillar molds.

6) Blue dye does not come out of linoleum

7) There is no such thing as the best wax

8) You can never have too many 1 oz. FO samples

9) Who needs a cabana boy, I have the piano stripper, LOL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These are just what the doctor ordered, LOL!

1. When melting the leftover wax from trash candles in the oven, after you carefully take out the baking sheet filled with hot jars containing 200* wax, do not turn around to take off your oven mitt and then immediately grab the sheet barehanded to move it to another counter.

2. Under no circumstances should you put a trash candle in the double boiler to melt, forget about it, causing the water to evaporate by boiling off, race into the kitchen from your outside office, leaving your shoes behind in your haste, become frantic and grab the candle jar out of the dry, hot pan with tongs to set it on the cool counter, thereby causing the candle jar to shatter into one meeeeellion tiny molten pieces, which causes you to jump back out of fright, landing on a red hot piece of shattered glass on the bottom of your foot, which immediately sears into your foot, simultaneously slicing and cauterizing a half-inch deep wound into the bottom of your sole, which causes you to use crutches for two days, during which time you have 6 orders and a very important meeting with a sales rep and, 2 months later, is still healing. Just in case you were thinking about it, don't do it.

:grin2:

:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where are you getting your UV Satin? Mine is 1/2 tsp ppwax...

I decided I better re-read the recommendation, just in case I couldn't read today any better than the first time. I read it right though. It's from Candlewic....

U.V. 531 [A-20A]

Wax Additive - Ultraviolet light absorber - 165 degree melt point. (Powder) Stops discoloring from light. Add to wax using both parts A & B. This additive is a must to maintain color in the shelf life. Large batch lots use 1/10 or 45 grams per 100 pounds of wax. Small batches use 1/2 teaspoon of A & B to 10 lbs of wax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Notes to self:

1. Do not try to cut wax of anykind with electric knife MIL gave you for xmas. It just will not work! Thought it was worth a try since I do not cook in kitchen anymore.:laugh2:

2. Do not put test candle with jumping flame where cat will want to play with it. The kitty will always singe his whiskers and burn his pads.:(

3. Do not promise good friends odd color/FO combos. Destined to be a failure right from get go. And do not wait until last minute to finish their order.

4. Spend less time on board and more time making candles for xmas gifts.

With that said I better get back into kitchen and finish gifts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Notes to self:

3. Do not promise good friends odd color/FO combos. Destined to be a failure right from get go. And do not wait until last minute to finish their order.

4. Spend less time on board and more time making candles for xmas gifts.

Ditto! So much for that pine scented orange/blue layered pillar I promised my brother in law. Tried it 3 times... and now I have given up. It's just not gonna happen.

He's just getting whatever I decide to make, that is, if I ever get into the kitchen to make something. Eeesh, where does the time go? Christmas is only several days away, and it feels like just last week it was Thanksgiving. :undecided

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Don't leave the tarts in the freezer too long....5-10 minutes is enough to pop them out....30-45 minutes leaves you with crack tarts (made a new batch of crack tarts this morning)

2. When using 2 double broilers at a time, don't forget which one is which and toss a test item back into the wrong one.

3. When testing a line of wicks, be sure to put the excess back into the bag right away....ever try to figure out which is the eco 10 and eco 12?

4. Liquid Dye Stains skin.....'nough said

:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so I'm not the only one who's done ALL of the above. I am truly a chandler when I can say yes yes to each and every one of those. Even the meeellion little glass pieces everywhere.

My addition....

When using a water balloon to dip into hot molten wax. DO NOT use cold water to fill up the ballon, unless you're in the mood to get wet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Notes to self:

1. Always remeber to turn presto to OFF. In fact just unplug the blasted thing, so that it doesn't get left on 200 degrees for days on end, unknown to you just exactly how many.

Yep i used to forget to turn things off, so my dad (who is an electrician) wired my area to one light switch so when i left the room and turned off the lights everything turned off. Excellent safety measure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...