Which labe do you like?

lsbennis

So I have been thinking about a country line for awhile now, not hardcore country but more like light country or cottage country type of line. I absolute adore the mason jars so I'm going with that. I currently have black lids handy so I'm using them for now but eventually I want to replace them with the pewter lids. So far I'm not going to use a sticky label because I like the embossing on the japost-4600-13945848321_thumb.jpglmost like a key West type cottage and I'm going back and forth between color or no color on the label. What do you think? Thanks for your opinions :smiley2:

post-4600-139458483198_thumb.jpg

pencil.png

post-4600-13945848322_thumb.jpg

Edited by lsbennis
I have no idea why the pictures posted like this!

That is a pretty interesting placement of the pictures. LOL

I went back and forth, too. I think I decided no color. I asked my son and he said no color also, but he also said the candles should have color. :rolleyes2

Both are really beautiful....great job! But I'm going to be different here. There is something about the green one that I'm gravating to. Has that little extra detail in the label - with just enough oompth...

Trappeur

I love the color! It's very vintage/retro/homey. Beautiful! & that's a very nice choice of twine, too.

I'm surprised you would move in this direction because your tumblers look so classy, & people keep telling me they would only burn a mason jar candle in their kitchens. They say this will a snooty tone of voice. But maybe they are full of cr@p. lol

Thanks everyone, I was kinda leaning towards the sepia toned one because it has a vintage feel, but still not totally sure..lol

@Horsescents...I love my tumblers and they are so colorful and bright but I also want to offer something that is retro/homey and I really love the mason jars plus I can get them local, so I will add them for the holiday season and see how they do. Plus they are a coconut/soy wax combo and I'm curious to see how that sells. :smiley2:

Thanks everyone, I was kinda leaning towards the sepia toned one because it has a vintage feel, but still not totally sure..lol

@Horsescents...I love my tumblers and they are so colorful and bright but I also want to offer something that is retro/homey and I really love the mason jars plus I can get them local, so I will add them for the holiday season and see how they do. Plus they are a coconut/soy wax combo and I'm curious to see how that sells. :smiley2:

It's good to cover both markets! What happened with your pirate line?

I think the colored labels have a very vintage feel, like old magazine photos from the 40s. Or old post cards from 1900 until the 1960s. I love it!

I like the one with the color simply because it is a "palm beach" cottage and I think that color suits it. I also personally am attracted to color. I think if you are looking for upscale country, use the color. If you are looking for an antique or a more rustic look, then go with no color. Either way, both are very nice.

As much as I love creating hang tags over labels, hang tags are a PITA to keep on products at shows when customers want to pick up, open, sniff candles. That's just my personal opinion. I'm really digging those black lids! I went with rustic and almost wish I hadn't. p.s. I like the sepia hang tag over the color one too. :)

The colored one has a more airy beach feel, and as you said the sepia definitely has a vintage feel. I like the one with color more, its happier. I would base it on the over all feel you are wanting to get across to the customer.

Also quick question, do you squeeze the eyelets tight or just place them in the hole? I do these on one of my labels but don't like how mine look flatten when I squeeze them together. Yours don't have this look, so I'm wondering how tight they are in the hole. Am I making sense?

Thanks everyone for your comments, it really helps to get feedback from such great crafters. :cheesy2:

@Asheebeans....I have thought about that, not sure what can be done to keep them on, I can see how it might be a PITA!

@Jeana...they are the ones used for scrapbooking and they have a top and bottom, once I get them situated on the label I use a tool to tighten it, sorry I don't know the name of the tool but you tap it in the back with a hammer, does that make sense? :confused: It snugs it up but it doesn't get real tight.

Thanks everyone for your comments, it really helps to get feedback from such great crafters. :cheesy2:

@Asheebeans....I have thought about that, not sure what can be done to keep them on, I can see how it might be a PITA!

@Jeana...they are the ones used for scrapbooking and they have a top and bottom, once I get them situated on the label I use a tool to tighten it, sorry I don't know the name of the tool but you tap it in the back with a hammer, does that make sense? :confused: It snugs it up but it doesn't get real tight.

Those are the ones I use too but when I use the hammer it squishes them. I was told I could get a tool but I thought I would be fine with the hammer. I need to go back and get the tool. yours look much better than mine.