also tried a wave candle

ksranch

Now here's something you can't possibly get the first time - again, thanks for making the info available! I think I may have been happier if the colors were better, but hey, I'm learning. Scent is Tall Grass from Peak - and that totally Rocks!

post-13514-139458482142_thumb.jpg

Have fun! One opinion from the newbie - be patient! lol let it harden up "enough" - AND once you get close enough to the top to use your fingers, it's much easier!! I'm going to try again this weekend. Post pics please!!

Thanks Pam. I miss being here soooooooo much. I think I am going to try to make some soap. I swear....getting old isn't fun. I wanted to make some beeswax candles this summer.....but....I got a torn mininicus in both knees. Getting better and watch out world.....I am going to make some kind of candles and some wonderful smelling essential oil soap. I will. I will. I will. I have been pressing tons of Greenbriar tendrils to use on my flower candles. They are really cool. Never had them before.

Donita

Hi back Julie.....I decided to come here and see if I can find some inspiration. Yep.....I did. Thanks everyone. Got my old soap receipes out from 1996 - milk and honey soap.... (I have dated recipe cards from past experiments) Bought some essential oil and dye yesterday for soap. Going to order some wax from Candlewic next week. Payday. Bought tealights at Michaels yesterday so I can make some luminaries. I really had forgotten about doing waves. I have a standing order for chunk candles that I can't do yet....because it takes up so much room to make sheets and sheets of chunks....but....the waves are very pretty too. When I started moving back and forth across the country (smile)......I lots most of my "stuff"...but I kept all of my candle dyes. When I do something I will post it.

Hi back Julie.....I decided to come here and see if I can find some inspiration. Yep.....I did. Thanks everyone. Got my old soap receipes out from 1996 - milk and honey soap.... (I have dated recipe cards from past experiments) Bought some essential oil and dye yesterday for soap. Going to order some wax from Candlewic next week. Payday. Bought tealights at Michaels yesterday so I can make some luminaries. I really had forgotten about doing waves. I have a standing order for chunk candles that I can't do yet....because it takes up so much room to make sheets and sheets of chunks....but....the waves are very pretty too. When I started moving back and forth across the country (smile)......I lots most of my "stuff"...but I kept all of my candle dyes. When I do something I will post it.

I got tired of doing chunks via the cookie sheet method and now just pour a pillar and chunk it up...decided I like the irregular size chunks better than the uniform sizes you get from pouring on a cookie sheet.

Now you've inspired me to make some chunkies - I have two Rose/Sandalwood pillars I poured from a leftover batch that are just sitting in the cupboard - all I have to do is decide what scent to use for the overpour and get to work. The Rose is the dominate scent so I'm thinking maybe Vanilla Sandalwood would add a nice touch :grin2: