Credit Card Security at CandleScience

With the recent credit card security problems for board members, we thought it a good time to explain how credit cards get processed at CandleScience, and assure all of you that no breach has occurred, and that no card has ever been stolen in the history of our company.

We intentionally do not store credit card information of any kind. When you enter your credit card number on our secure (256bit Secure Socket Layer Encrypted) checkout page and press submit, your encrypted number is sent directly to Authorize.net, the world's largest payment gateway. All we get back from them is whether the transaction was successful or not. Your card is never stored on our machines, and thus cannot be stolen.

We hope that the cause of this problem will be quickly discovered and fixed. One quick tip we offer customers concerned about ecommerce security anywhere on the web is to use a credit card rather than a debit card. You are much more likely to recover funds from a credit card company if a problem should occur.

If you have any other questions about our security methods please feel free to DM us.

Thanks for your time. We do hope everyone's accounts are settled as quickly and easily as possible.

- CandleScience

Which explains how each time I have to re enter my credit card information. I have ordered from CS for years and haven't had a problem. Thanks for letting us know that the breach didn't come from you and that you are secure.