NG's prices going up in March

marcuset

Per their facebook page....10% FO price increase shortly after March 1st. I know they are getting a price increase from their suppliers as well....I'm sure other suppliers will follow suit shortly. I hope not, but I'm guessing so.

Edited by marcuset

They're still way under what I pay from other suppliers, so they'll still seem cheap to me :)

Same here. I use NG almost exclusively for my fo's. I love all the info they give you on each one, the reviews, and their customer service. I'll still order from them.

I just told my husband to check what we have in the candle shed.We need to start stocking now and not wait for fall and winter. I buy from them but also buy from others.Oh and my orders are here the next day.Great Customer Service.

Bert is the same way.Get my order the next day.

LynnS

I think everybody is being hit with increased prices. On CNN this morning, they did a news story about prices of everything going up - food, clothing, and appliances they focused on the most.

This is something to consider, if everything is going up people won't be able to buy our candles so don't stock up on your scents right now. You may get catch holding on to these scents pass the expiration date.:(

I raised mine a few years ago, it was a very tough decision at the time.

But when the soy wax market went nuts and my wax almost double in price and oils took a big jump too, I had no choice.

After a while the price of soy wax dropped, But I did not drop my higher prices. What I did instead was run continues sales for my customers, which made them happy.

Now that prices of supplies are going way up again. I will have to limit my sales, but at least I won't have to raise my prices again.

So this is something you should consider if you do have to raise you prices. Raise them enough so you won't have to raise them again for awhile. Then you can run sales for you customers depending on your supply costs.

Edited by islandgirl

• 2 weeks later...
I have not raised my prices in 8 years- since I started this business. I have found ways around it. But now, I am not sure there is anything else I can do. :sad2:

Same here. I have raised the prices on a few things, but not my candles yet. I will still order from ng.

Prices of everything will be going up due to the increase in oil prices. Anyone using paraffin wax will most likely see a huge price increase fairly soon.

One of the suppliers that I buy wax from is charging $77/cs but the same wax at a different supplier is already over $100/cs.

I better order another case of my votive wax then before the price goes up. Boy, this sure is an expensive hobby! lol

Prices of everything will be going up due to the increase in oil prices. Anyone using paraffin wax will most likely see a huge price increase fairly soon.

One of the suppliers that I buy wax from is charging $77/cs but the same wax at a different supplier is already over $100/cs.

I better order another case of my votive wax then before the price goes up. Boy, this sure is an expensive hobby! lol

My wax is currently out of stock & have to wait till later in the wk or next week for the new supply to come in and I will not be surprised if the new shipment has a price increase...can't blame the supplier tho - just the economy!!!