More marble attempts

SatinDucky

Before anyone questions it, no the green and purple one is not sitting unlevel. It's the top that's warped because I blasted excess color off it with the heatgun :P

Green, purple and black are Blackberry sage. Yellow is a Bird of Paradise sampler.

Another attempt at draped layers too. It's missing a drape on the back that fell off unmolding :( It's Cool Water.

post-27-139458476823_thumb.jpg

post-27-139458476824_thumb.jpg

post-27-139458476825_thumb.jpg

Looking good...and I particularly LOVE the Blackberry Sage.

I love looking at everyone's pillar candles. I have to get back to trying these again. I was pouring the Palm-2 (Candlewic) pillars about 2 years ago and people would say how great they looked...but for some reason they didn't sell well. They went straight for my container candles...lol. In thinking back...I am now thinking that a lot of my colors were too light. Black Rasp. Van. looked good...dark purple. And a Christmas scent that I mixed from a "recipe" that Vickey at KY came up with...I colored Christmas red and looked good. But most of the others looked more spring than fall and winter.

From the little amount of time I spend shopping...not my cup of tea anymore...I am seeing a lot more pillars in stores than what I used to see. And people who only used a few pillar candles to decorate for Christmas...and never burn them...seem to be buying pillars all year and actually burning them....lol.

getting better...I like the purple the best.

I love the fluted mold, but is it causing your drapes not to work?

I'm wondering the same thing. I have one fluted mold but I rarely use it because it's tin instead of alum and I can never get a good rustic with the tin mold...just doesn't work for me.