Better Homes & Gardens

mommyof4

I was in Walmart today looking for something that the website says is in stock at that store but of course it wasn't, like usual. Anyway, I looked at the warmers and clamshells. Warmers looked pretty crappy to me, bowls were a weird "tea cup dish" shape. Large diameter at top with very small diameter at base. Clamshell's had ok CT, but the tops looked horrible! Extreme dips over entire top, and unevenly pored, assuming it is straight paraffin. Not impressed at all.

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 years later...

I found one of these warmers in a pumpkin shape and bought it because I love all things pumpkin and orange is a predominant color in my house. There's a picture of one here: http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2011/10/better-homes-gardens-scented-wax-warmer.html

Have any of you tried the warmers? I haven't plugged this in yet so I could still return it if I get negative feedback about it. The bowl part on top seems awfully thick, like it might not really get heated enough to put off any scent. The bulb is 25w.

I think the walmart melts are amazing, not gonna lie lol. They smell great. I also have two of their warmers, and I started making my own wax melts, and was angry that I couldn't get them to smell good!! I tried a different brand of warmer and I can finally smell them, so I am not gonna use the walmart ones any longer.

I have to agree, though some scents don't last very long. I think the longest I got out of any was six hours, but the IMMEDIATE hot throw is so strong on most of them it is unbelievable. I've looked at that wax they use several times and it's very hard so a paraffin and also very, very shiny. I've tested lots of waxes and never have gotten any that shine like that, so don't know if it's their wax or some kind of additive. For two bucks (I think) to get six cubes, I see why people buy them. My neighbor likes mine but even she commented that mine don't have that BAM, in your face immediately like theirs do. She admitted mine last longer, but I know what she's talking about and wasn't offended. I'm jealous!