Better Homes & Gardens

mommyof4

Now have scented wax cubes(clamshells) at walmart in the christmas section for $2.00. Seems like every big company is now doing these. Glad I decided to change my packaging!

Oh and I forgot to say they also have some warmers that resemble the one's you can get at hobby lobby. I think they are scentsationals or something like that.

Edited by mommyof4
forgot something to say

I just went to walmart.com to see if they had them on their site. They don't have the ones I saw but had some listed. From the looks of the melts on the first one they show, they are from the place scentsationals. I can tell by the labels. But the ones they have at the store have the BH&G label.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=better+homes+and+gardens+scented+wax+cubes&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Scentsationals has just started selling wholesale to "brick-and-mortar" stores. Before when i contacted them they said they only sold to big box stores.

I filled out the application and am waiting to see what they have to offer and at what prices... could be hard to compete with a wally world price.

:mad:This is a bummer! Can't compete with their prices and the customer responses gives them all 5 stars! Also the warmers are precious. Wish we could find warmers like this without having to buy 12 or the same kind or $100. minimum. Some of us can't afford that. But you still can't beat HOME MADE! I personally prefer to buy from local individuals than Walmart!!

I totally agree.. the 100 dollar minimum and having to buy in case packs is rough. I

I so wish I could find a local artist that could make me custom warmers, especially for the local high school.. this town is WildCat crazy..lol

I was in Wal-Mart recently and saw some Better Homes & Gardens container candles for only $5. I don't remember exactly their size (at least 8 oz, though), but I thought to myself that's my COST for the containers I've been making. I don't know how you guys who sell can compete with stuff like that. The average consumer is going to see the name "Better Homes & Gardens", buy the product thinking it's great quality at a great price, when it's probably really made in China junk.

China. All the little crafters are doomed by China. They can flood the market with cheap stuff. They make all the containers, waxes, wicks, etc., etc. already, now they are using their massive resources in labor to make the final product and only pay their workers 8 cents a day.

I went to pick my daughter up at a friends house. I walked in and I hate to admit it but it smelled fantasic. Some sort of cinnamony scent.

Her mom has been in my store before but i havent saw her for a while. She came into the room and told me she had found a "new brand" at walmart of tarts she was using. :sad2:

The worst thing was it smelled great ... bummed.

I'm surprised they are selling them for that much even. It only costs me about .71 cents per clamshell to make them, and I don't have the bulk buying power that the big boys have. So it looks like the mfg. is taking advantage of the average going price and actually making a little money off Wal-Mart for a change.

Yesterday a woman & her adult daughter came to my booth & mentioned that she'd rather just get hers at Walmart now & the daugher said, well, ok, but these are much better quality & last longer...glad the daughter could see the difference. But, tough to compete with cheap Walmart prices if the smell is decent.....have a nice group of Walmart employees quite a distance away that pool their orders every so often. I'm not cheaper than Walmart, & to keep this up, you really can't be. Hopefully those that value quality will keep coming back to all of us. :rolleyes2

Edited by marcuset

My full time job is with WM. I bought 1 of the warmers the other day but they had them marked down to $7.00. The guy said he was getting more in with wax melts for the holiday's. So just the way he said that to me I'm thinking it might just be a holiday thing and they'll be discontinued. I could be wrong but WM is real good at getting something in that sells real well and "poof" DISCONTINUED!! So all we can do is hope this is one of those cases!!!

Edited by Cindy/WI

I bought a BH&G 18 oz Spiced Cake candle for $5.00 at WM today just to see how is was. I just lite it so not sure what the scent throw is yet. It does say made in the USA. They didn't have any of their melts yet & only 1 style of warmer with a bird or something like that on it. I'll post how it burns & smells later.

Just brought a BH warmer ($15.00). Its green with (looks like) holly leaves around it. Brought the clam shell with Balsam & Cederwood, and Peppermint Candy. Its $2.00 for 2.5ozs. per clam shell. Scenty sellls this for $5.00. Just turned it on, the balsam smells very good.

Just opened to clam shell to read their warning, and it says, made in USA.The warmer in China.

Edited by LRcandles

I bought a BH&G 18 oz Spiced Cake candle for $5.00 at WM today just to see how is was. I just lite it so not sure what the scent throw is yet. It does say made in the USA. They didn't have any of their melts yet & only 1 style of warmer with a bird or something like that on it. I'll post how it burns & smells later.

I burned this candle last night & after 2 hours I had to put it out the flame was to high for me. Trimmed wick this morning & re-lite. Right now were coming up on close to 3 hours nice steady flame but can see it's smoking just a little, the melt pool is deeper than wider about 1/2" hang up on 1 side and the other side there's about 1/4" hang up and NO scent throw at all. I can't smell a thing!!! lol By now mine would of filled my 1500 sq.ft house. Nothing like a hand poured candle!!!

I just saw a couple of warmers last night at my Wal-Mart on clearance for $10. I almost bought one. It was a reddish color with leaves (?) on it...kinda pretty. It was different than any I have, but the bowl looked smaller for some reason. I didn't see any tarts around, though. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. LOL Makes me want to go back and look again.

• 2 weeks later...
They just got the melts in by me and I was not impressed with the ct on any of them so I didn't buy any. Very weak & I could smell the wax more than the scent it self.

Yep, my sentiments exactly. Just saw these a few days ago at Wal-Mart and they smelled so cheap to me. Clearly nothing but junk.

I saw them for the first time yesterday and the warmers that are $15 are like small versions of the mid-size Scentsy warmers. I'm not worried about them. The tarts haven't shown up yet but if they are like Yankee tarts, no worries :) Honestly, as long as my customer has a warmer then I can usually sell my tarts so it's all good.

I haven't seen either the tarts or the warmers at any of the local Walmarts near me, I went into several of them hoping to see what everyone was talking about but nothing, just the Better Homes & Garden candles for $5, which I got one to see how it burned. :sad2:

I also bought 1 of those 5$ candles. Spiced Cake and no scent throw at all & about 1 hour into burning I got smoke, I put it out and haven't bothered with it since.

I haven't seen either the tarts or the warmers at any of the local Walmarts near me, I went into several of them hoping to see what everyone was talking about but nothing, just the Better Homes & Garden candles for $5, which I got one to see how it burned. :sad2: