Few new Candle Science scents

tmarcusen

I think you sould get 2 more sets of drawers. They do stack very easily. :laugh2:

You aren't the only one who is sick ... I think there's an epidemic!

I love those drawers, I have four rows stacked two high. I bought mine at Target, but Wally-world had them about $8 cheaper when I bought them last year.

I, too, love CS's fragrance oils ...... I confess, I am part of the epidemic! :yay:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go with Driftwood because I don't think that one will go over real great here.

Thanks for the reviews dnj. Can't wait to pick up my order tomorrow.

If the Driftwood gets rave reviews maybe you could consider renaming it to Boardwalk ? I loved visiting Atlantic City waaayyy back in the day.

If the Driftwood gets rave reviews maybe you could consider renaming it to Boardwalk ? I loved visiting Atlantic City waaayyy back in the day.

I received my Day at the Spa and Driftwood today.

Day at the Spa.. definitely get the citrus notes with a bit of a clean type scent as well. Nice out of the bottle.

Driftwood. I'm not sure what to make of this one. It's very "one note" to me, unlike the Day at the Spa where I pick up a few notes. Definitely masculine but doesn't necessarily remind me of anything. I don't think that helps much.. sorry :-(

OOB

I chose Driftwood because I have customers asking for an amber or sandalwood type scent. I have a sandalwood vanilla but I don't care for it at all. Got driftwood in today. My first impression was masculine; but then there is something else that hits my nose that I love and I get a feminine feel to it. I definately get the driftwood vibe.

Day at the Spa - I get lemongrass right off the bat. The patchouli softens it. I think I do detect the black currant deep in there.

I didn't get Cake because I have too many bakery scents as it is.

Trudi

Edited by NaturallyTru

day at the spa.. not really loving it OOB. I've spent alot of time in spa's (used to be a LMT) and it doesnt smell like a day at the spa to me. Its not a bad scent, but I dont really see where I would fit it in my line, since I already have citrus and clean scents. Oh well! I'll pour it tomorrow and see if I change my mind once its poured and cured.

Didnt try cake or driftwood this time around, totally forgot to add them to my order... but I did try the grapefruit and mangosteen for the first time and I'm loving it OOB and its curing right now.

I got a bunch of FO's this time that have been around for awhile but I've never got around to trying and I'm pretty impressed with them all!

I Love going to Atlantic City when I get the chance which is not very often but naming it Boardwalk is an excellent idea Judy! Thanks! :)

Eventually I'll probably order it as one of the freebies we get with an order.

Well ..I decided to try cake full strength in my tealight burner and it's much better smelling when burning than it is OOB. I too have so many bakery scents but bakery is my favorite,,,,I can't seem to get enough of them. I do smell the cake scent so it's not entirely like very vanilla like I had first thought.....I have major candle nose these days with all the testing and sniffing of new scents so my sniffer is a bit "off" lol

Thanks, Scented. Glad to know that! I thought it was a no-no to mention it at all. :)

There's a section where anyone can post specifics about sales and it needs to be kept there. A few suppliers post in the thread to announce the sales etc. they have ... it isn't solely suppliers who can post there. If you want people to know the specifics about a sale, post there. Not here.

There's a section where anyone can post specifics about sales and it needs to be kept there. A few suppliers post in the thread to announce the sales etc. they have ... it isn't solely suppliers who can post there. If you want people to know the specifics about a sale, post there. Not here.

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know anyone could post in that section. Always thought it was only for the suppliers.

I received the driftwood... I think it is misnamed. Here is the description:

Great as a masculine or feminine scent, our Driftwood is a woody, earthy mix of vanilla and sandalwood, warmed with musk and a touch of patchouli for a calming and long lasting fragrance oil.

The description is spot on, but the name? To me, a scent called "driftwood" should have something about the ocean in it. Maybe it is because I live on the east coast...

I should add that I have only sniffed OOB, and I do like the scent. I just wouldn't call it driftwood.

Nope. Anyone can post a sale in there :) Just not of their own product (thought I better clarify that lol)

It says:

Members with Marketplace privileges may post sales going on within the (craft) community.

Who gets/has Marketplace privileges? I too thought only suppliers could post. Sorry to go off the topic of the thread.

Poured yesterday:

Driftwood in 415 - great cold throw

Day at the Spa in 415 - good but not great cold throw; but this may just be a lighter scent and/or after pouring a zillion melts yesterday my nose may be overloaded.

Trudi

I have the exact same assessment.

Some of you most likely already know this, but for those that don't, CS has a 1 ounce fragrance sale every Spring and Summer. You are allowed to order up to three per scent. Last year their Fall Sale was in September....not too far away. Hopefully it comes in the early part of September!! We take advantage of it every time it comes up.

Oops....maybe I should have put the above info regarding the sale in the other discussion area. Sorry...I'm new here :lipsrseal but wait...I don't think I can get into that area right now anyway right? Gotta be a member for 30 days? Sorry guys...just be patient with me.

Some of you most likely already know this, but for those that don't, CS has a 1 ounce fragrance sale every Spring and Summer. You are allowed to order up to three per scent. Last year their Fall Sale was in September....not too far away. Hopefully it comes in the early part of September!! We take advantage of it every time it comes up.

Actually, these boards go crazy when CS has a sale. So everyone knows about it!:smiley2:

It says:

Members with Marketplace privileges may post sales going on within the (craft) community.

Who gets/has Marketplace privileges? I too thought only suppliers could post. Sorry to go off the topic of the thread.

Just seeing this. I believe all members who have full privileges are allowed to post about a sale in that section, complete with details as I understand. Now there may be a limit on what can be posted as far as word count or something, I am not sure, but if you can access the section you should be able to post about the sale in there. You may not be able to load the entire advertisement, which I think might have been the case with a Lonestar promotion. I'm not sure what the word count limit is.

How that section is supposed to work is to allow members or a company to post a sale/promotion once. They don't want comments on the threads in there, just a listing. Hope that makes sense, but if there are problems with posting then we need to be addressing that too.

ok, I stand firm on day at the spa. I wanted to give it some time but so far we've all disliked it in tarts and soy. It is kinda light but not too bad. I'm just not happy with it... my husband actually disliked it so much he wanted to open the windows and told me to unplug the burner, lol.Oh well! you win some you lose some... graprfruit mangosteen has been a huge hit with everyone who smells it.

Has anyone tried the Gingerbread from CS yet? I just saw that they now have this today. I need to get an order put in there, and I will definatley be getting this to try!! Is the Fall sale that was mentioned earlier, is that on 1oz sizes, or is it some other sale?? I wish they would do free shipping!!! I took advantage of that the last time!!