Jar supplier nightmare!

We've been out of candle making for a couple years now. Between remodeling a house and having a baby, candles just fell by the wayside. Well we're ready to get back to work on candle making but much to my dismay we've lost our jar supplier (greenleaf) I've searched high and low and I'm having no luck at all :( Mind if I ask where you lovely people purchase your jelly jars and square masons? Paticularly if you are from the midwest :) I found a distributor in St. Louis... with a pallet minimum. It would be nice to need that many!!! Someday perhaps! I will keep searching and if I find someone, I'll be sure to share the info :)

The Walmart near me has different size jelly jars. Usually it's a seasonal item but right now they have 4, 8 and 12 oz quilted plus larger size regular jjs

Saves me a good amount of money on shipping fees and the case prices are pretty good.

I'm in Ohio and I use The Candlemaker Store and in a pinch have used MakesScents in Columbus.

I used to use WSP but with their new shipping included even when I PICK up an order it tripled my price :sad2:

I always go pick up my glassware.. is usually cheaper and since a couple hours away from home I include some shopping and dinner out with it :cheesy2:

We've been out of candle making for a couple years now. Between remodeling a house and having a baby, candles just fell by the wayside. Well we're ready to get back to work on candle making but much to my dismay we've lost our jar supplier (greenleaf) I've searched high and low and I'm having no luck at all :( Mind if I ask where you lovely people purchase your jelly jars and square masons? Paticularly if you are from the midwest :) I found a distributor in St. Louis... with a pallet minimum. It would be nice to need that many!!! Someday perhaps! I will keep searching and if I find someone, I'll be sure to share the info :)

The chepest prices we found were from a company in Texas, I forget the name, but we live in Boston, so shipping killed them for us. We did actually end up with a local place who was a little more expenisve for the glass, but we could pick it up, so we didn't get hosed on shipping.

Pick up a yellow pages and look for Jar suppliers, that's how I found mine, and they sell tons of candle specific stuff. Not everyone has a website.

Chris

Iowa may be close to you to minimize shipping -

http://www.enchanted-lites.com/2d.htm

We've dealt with Enchanted. Fairly good service.

If you have a Dollar General in the area, they have them during canning season. When I lived in Kansas three years ago and did a lot of canning, I got my jars from them. Also, at the end of the summer, they usually have them on sale to get rid of them. So, you could buy everything they have.

• 2 months later...

I don't know about jelly jars, but on their Libby glassware JBN is ungodly expensive. You can get every Libbey item they carry much cheaper either at LoneStar or at The Jar Store in Dallas. I used to get the majority of my supplies at JBN, but their prices have gone up and discounts and coupons have gone down :(

I have been ordering from Lonestar and they carry a great selection of Libby. So far they have managed to get my orders to me within a day (shipping cost is awesome) but I live in Oklahoma City and they are in Dallas. Extremely happy with their service on wax and container supply. Walmart has many options for Mason and Ball jelly jars right now. Good luck!