Need a new wood mold

debratant

I've had it with my Tog. I've simply had it. I made 2 batches over the weekend and they both leaked out of the mold. I like the style of the mold because it can do both logs and slabs.

Does anyone else out there make a combination log/slab wood mold? I've not run across any.

I don't want to deal with those stupid dowels either. They have never fit correctly after I first used it. I probably got water on it...and they expanded, hubby had to widen the holes. PITA.

Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

I make my own mold for the most part and glue them together. line em with a plastic trash bag. Now i have to tell ya the bags can make for interesting ends but a little trimming and the log is good to go. I have cut pieces of wood to fit inside so I can make small trial batches and dont have to have twenty molds sitting around. works well for me.

I had looked through that link and a couple others, and I found that the links are dead. But I never saw the name of the drawers set. If I call my nearest Ikea to have them check their stock, I want to have the name or item number.

I could just say "you know, the 9-drawer set that all the soapers buy." But they might just hang up on me!

Yep Kitn...that was it. Fira.

I do have the Ikea drawers. I was hoping to have something lined because I just hate lining molds lol. The thing I liked about the tog was I could do 2 logs with one mold. Or take out the divider and do a slab.

I ended up ordering from woodfields.

http://shop.woodfieldswood.com

I ordered a 2 log mold...and a slab. Heck...I deserve them lol.

I like the wooden molds, but may someday order the hdpe molds and try them out.

Thanks all for your help :)

To be fair...I should mention mine is an older version. He has come out with one piece lining...so perhaps it's better than what I have? I have the very thin foam pieces that you have to put in the mold individually. It isn't a leak proof seal that way.

If you like his molds Brenda..I would give it a try. He does have a long turn around time...

he has different liners now that are leak proof. I think he changed things since there was some problems. mine has never leaked but the new ones are a once piece liner. I am not advertising for him just letting you know that he has improved them.

I just wanted to update. I received my 2 molds from Woodfields. I'm VERY impressed with the quality. I can't wait to use them. His turn around time is just awesome as well.

From what I can see...they are very well made and with the liners...well...I'm just giddy with excitement LOL. The slab mold has cut lines..which

will make cutting a slab so much easier. It's one of the things that I hated about slabs...not being able to cut the bars straight. I suck at that really.

I know I've not used these yet...but I highly recommend giving them a look if you are in the market for a wood mold.

xraytech...since tog has a new liner system...you will probably be fine. Curious how long it will take you to get them though...so please update us. When I had ordered mine it was nearly 2 months.