How to get husband to use my CP soap?

Carriegsxr6

My husband is a little ignorant regarding how all soap is made. he refuses to use mine cause he knows its made with oils and seems to believe that other name brand bar soaps are oil free???

Anyone have any some advise on how I can make my husband understand that most all soap is made from saponified oils???

Ha...thats funny!! My husband would not use my soaps for several years...finally I quit buying the store soaps and also whenever he asked me to wash his back....I would only use MY soap....so he finally converted and he is now my biggest fan!!

How about putting your soaps where soaps are supposed to be (by the shower, sink, etc) without drawing attention to them. Unless you're distinguishing between your soap and the store soap, I doubt anyone would give it much thought when they pick it up to wash with.

How about putting your soaps where soaps are supposed to be (by the shower, sink, etc) without drawing attention to them. Unless you're distinguishing between your soap and the store soap, I doubt anyone would give it much thought when they pick it up to wash with.

Most of us guys will use whatever is there, rather than open a drawer or closet door. You could probably leave a chunk of horse manure there and he would use that, unless you were there to reach into the drawer for an alternative.:cheesy2:

hi carrie,

i have the exact opposite problem with my DH. the very first batch i made had no color and no fragrance. since he used to break out and itch from most regular store soaps, he pounced on it as soon as it was ready.

one day he grabbed a bar with scent and it didn't bother him. seems it was something else in the store soap that caused the problems.

now he'll use anything i make, and i have to hide what i don't want to end up in the shower. if he needs a new bar, he'll just grab whatever he sees. :laugh2:

sorry, guess i'm not much help........

Edited by dogmom1

How about making something in a scent he likes? Put it by the sink (removing any store bought soaps) and let him try it on just his hands?

Or, instead of making something special. Have a water conservation party (i.e. joint shower) and ask him to wash your back, insist that he uses YOUR soap. That might jump start him to use it.

I just put my soap where all the other body washes , shampoos and soaps were . He loves them .No more store bought soap , body wash or shampoo at our house , it saves a lot of money . Maybe that aspect would convert him ?

It seemed like forever before my hubby would use soap that I made! I finally formulated a bar for men to be more sudsy and scented in Curve for Men, I told him I needed a guy's opinion on this new soap that I made. (I also mentioned how the smell of that fragrance drives me crazy!! :naughty: ) He uses it and even warns me now when his stash is getting low so that I can make him more soap! LOL

It seemed like forever before my hubby would use soap that I made! I finally formulated a bar for men to be more sudsy and scented in Curve for Men, I told him I needed a guy's opinion on this new soap that I made. (I also mentioned how the smell of that fragrance drives me crazy!! :naughty: ) He uses it and even warns me now when his stash is getting low so that I can make him more soap! LOL

this sounds like a great idea.

I have already refused to buy any other soaps, but he is the one that will go out and buy his own soap. I think I will try making something like a oatmeal and honey soap. something that will get his attention and yet be very gentle on his skin.

My husband is a little ignorant regarding how all soap is made. he refuses to use mine cause he knows its made with oils and seems to believe that other name brand bar soaps are oil free???

Anyone have any some advise on how I can make my husband understand that most all soap is made from saponified oils???

Shower with him. He won't care what soap you're using. *bubble bath**bubble bath**bubble bath*

Your husband is right... CP soap is not the same as the stuff at the stores! As the posted article points out most commercial soap is not in fact soap, but detergent, so telling him they are the same thing is incorrect. That being said - after explaining the benefits of using your soap, should he continue to choose not, I would drop it - he is an adult - more left for you!

Wow! Guess I have been lucky. I haven't bought soap in 3 years since I started making it and my hubby is my biggest fan. He even gets bugged when I put other soaps in the shower that I have gotten in swaps. He says mine is the best! LOL And I am just an amateur. I have only tried the simple soap recipe! lol My real gig is candles! :)

My hubby will only use my unscented cp or on occasion orange patchouli :rolleyes2

See most men do love those spicy, earthy types. And so do I. But with my hubby, he hates earthy types cause he said they smell moldy. He likes the more fresh or fruity types. :rolleyes2

I think if I make him something with additivies in it, and he will think it is more benefitial.