Candy Corn votives

Leandra

I love those, they are so cute. Now I am going to ask a dim witted question, how do you get the same amount of each color on every one of them? I would love to try them, but just not sure how to go about doing 2 to 3 colors.

Yours do look cute!:yay:

Sorry to say I just eyeball it. I do 10 votives at a time (since that's all the molds I have) and just fill so that it looks even for all of them. I do the same for the middle layer. They don't always turn out to be perfectly even, but at least next to each other, they are pretty close.

Sorry to say I just eyeball it. I do 10 votives at a time (since that's all the molds I have) and just fill so that it looks even for all of them. I do the same for the middle layer. They don't always turn out to be perfectly even, but at least next to each other, they are pretty close.

You do a wonderful job just eyeing it. I may give it a whirl and see what I get!:laugh2:

Those look great! When I made layerd votives I used to mark a wooden stirrer type stick with a marker at whatever level and then hold it in the votive cup as I was pouring once I reached the marked spot on the stick I pulled it out. I didn't poke the stick down into the wax of the previous layer just held it on top.

I used to do these and some for Mardi Gras, Christmas etc and I marked off on the inside of the votive with a dot of sharpie. Never came off on the candle. I quit making votives except for special orders...you've got my creative juices flowing and maybe I'll do some Christmas ones and get ahead of the game with some Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day ones.

Yours are gorgeous. Lines are very crisp and clean. Love the tarts!

Edited by NewOrleansLady
I forgot to compliment

Thanks for all the great comments!!!! I sell the melts for $1 each or 5 for $4, the votives for $2 each or 3 for $5, and the tealights for $.50 each. I have a bunch of different scents that they can pick from, so very rarely does someone buy just one, they usually go for the deal :)

Candy Corn from JS, votives, melts and tealight, made with 464. Have sold a ton of these the past couple weekends!

Ok, I just re-read this and just wanted to correct. I did not use 464, I used a soy pillar wax. Too much scent to the brain while typing:rolleyes2