Looking for opinions, II

kyme1911

Thank you guys... #1, and #3 are my favorites too. We had to keep trying to resize the images in order to get them small enough to upload to the site. Straight from the camera they were gigantic. LOL

I always start with 25% of the original size. lt's a good size for me and small enough to upload. The board software makes it the right size for the post. Love that feature!

Angle shot of No. 3 applied to No. 1 layout looks like what? I think I'd like to see that one if possible, but on No. 1, pull the candle away from the wood more, because ... how to put this ... it looks like it's milking from something.

Ouch...that's harsh. I'm not even sure I know what that means.(milking from what?)

Not meant to be harsh at all, so I apologize since you thought so. Photography can be kind of harsh, I guess, and thus having to go through several stages of layout to find the right angle. I should have typed that I prefer the background in No. 1 best of all that you have posted.

To me, and we go through this at work in considering pictures to print in a newspaper, the angle makes the candle look like a bowl of milk to me, so if you raised the angle of your pictures a little more it wouldn't like that. I'd pull it out from the curve of the wood just a bit too since it is tucked too into the curve and gives the impression of being milked, catching leaks etc. I don't know how else to soften it for you. I would also not want to leave the impression that displaying a candle this close to dry stuff is kosher, because when lit it could go poof, depending on the person's burn habits.

And I will add, I do like the look of your candles and the simple elegance of them, so I think you should play to that some more too.

Candlelady

It is a wax seal, it comes in a colored glue stick form. After I squeeze a big blob out I press my logo brass stamper in it. Let it cool, then antique it with rust colored guilding paste. It's fun, and different...that's me.

Scented

Thanks for clarifying the milk comment. It's helpful to hear everyones opinions... that's why I posted.

I like #2 very much. My only observation is the shadow from the label... the first photo's angle eliminated the shadow. The two set on top of one another looks a little contrived and to me takes away from the elegance of your product.

Overall, I think this set of photos is much better. Keep up with the good work! :yay:

Wow....very nice candles and great photography! Your candles show how simple is very elegant. :smiley2: I am working on a spa type looking candle at the request of several customers. I have been looking at peel and stick on labels that kind of looks like a wax stamp. However, yours is the real thing.

I like the green in background #3. However, try it with only one candle. Maybe try putting something black on top of the brown grass. I have used a black jacket on close up pictures. No one will know it's a jacket. :rolleyes2

I think setting the candle on black fabric might make it show up really nice.

I buy square adhesive sheets from TC's, they work. But I read on another thread about using transparency film from a office supply store.

The wax seals are made directly on the glass container. I tried making them on a silcone pad and the glueing them on...but it was messy and since the containers tapered they just didn't fit correctly. I purchased the seal stamper from a company in Canada. www.waxworksonline.com/

Candlelady

It is a wax seal, it comes in a colored glue stick form. After I squeeze a big blob out I press my logo brass stamper in it. Let it cool, then antique it with rust colored guilding paste. It's fun, and different...that's me.

Scented

Thanks for clarifying the milk comment. It's helpful to hear everyones opinions... that's why I posted.

I have come back to admire these again I just love the wax stamp so cool !

• 3 weeks later...