NG Blackberry Sage

Sabrina

This is only my second attempt at a slab mold so try not to laugh at me too hard. I think I've gotten better than my first one which was a complete disaster though! LOL

Colored with Sage mica from coastal scents and purple mica from BCN. I think I used too much color for my swirl.

Has anyone else ever soaped this f/o? I was really bummed out when I cut it because the scent has really faded. I'm hoping maybe it will come back. :sad2:

BlackberrySageCP.jpg

Gosh, I'm not sure exactly how much mica I use cuz I just dump it in and mix until I get the color I want. LOL But if I had to guess I probably use 1 TBSP worth for my swirl colors which I pull out about 2 full ladels full.

For the sage color in the main portion of my batch (which was a 3 lb batch before I took my swirl color out) I used probably 3-4 TBSP...depends on how dark I want it. Don't hesitate to dump more in to get the color you want. I've made jet black swirls before and had lots of it clumped in certain spots and my bubbles are always white. :) HTH!

Never had an issue with any staining on anything (bathtub/wash cloth) with any soap I've ever made. I always use the same amount of mica. Also always have nice white bubbles which is what I was taught is what to watch for to determine whether or not there's too much colorant used. Maybe I've just been lucky with the micas I've used. I only use TKB POP, BC's and Coastal Scents. :cheesy2:

• 2 weeks later...

Very intense and beautiful! I do not like NG blackberry sage as much as other ones. It is too fruity with not enough sage. It also soaps light. I think that your soap will sell with NO scent because it is that vibrant.

Thanks everyone! The scent never really has come back. There's scent there but is seems all the blackberry is gone and all I have left to sniff is the sage. Bummer! I bought some plain blackberry that I'm going to try and blend in and see if that will help. I'm just head over heals for this f/o and it's been a great seller for me thus far in candles and lotion. Really want the soap to match!

• 2 weeks later...