For those of u who use a soy/paraffin blend

I use 6006 and it contains 20% soy ... I think it's an awesome wax. To answer your question ... no, I don't think 6006 defeats the benefits of both type waxes. On the contrary, I think 6006 actually combines the benefits of both soy and paraffin wax. I love working with 6006 because for me ...

1) it's easy to work with

2) awesome hot/cold throw from most fo's

3) takes color well (can achieve dark shades)

4) slower/cleaner burn than pure paraffin

5) I prefer the look of the final product

Based on my experience with testing and using many types of wax, I really enjoy using 6006.

I always inform my customer that I do my best to eliminate the problems that generally come with burning candles. Soot, Unused wax, smoking and so on but I can only guarrantee my candles don't have these issues IF THEY ARE PROPERLY BURNED as stated on the guidelines I include with each order and on my site. ANY candle is going to smoke if the wicks are never trimmed. I have yet to see one that doesn't. HTH

The blend is awesome in a pillar. It is smooth and clean and perfect. I agree with all the reasons Candlebuddy stated. I offer a pure soy in containers, but had fits with pure soy pillars, becaue it cracked and mottled in not pretty ways, so the blend came about in my shop.

No loss, only the gain of a great pillar candle.

Soapymomma

I don't buy into the "cleaner burning soy" stuff. But I can make a better, cleaner burning candle if I blend because I've managed to figure out wicking for the blend that is better than I could do with either alone.

You can make an equally clean burning candle with either if you can figure out all the parameters.

And I've seen a lot more soot-producing (more than necessary, all combustion creates soot) SOY candles than I have paraffin.

I make 16 oz containers with my own blend of parasoy that burn all the way down with no hangup or soot buildup. I really love the clean burn I get. But that only comes from lots of testing.

I've used both waxes and love the parasoy blend the best. Great throw, clean burn, no tunneling or wax hangup, couldn't ask for more.

I make 16 oz containers with my own blend of parasoy that burn all the way down with no hangup or soot buildup. I really love the clean burn I get. But that only comes from lots of testing.

I've used both waxes and love the parasoy blend the best. Great throw, clean burn, no tunneling or wax hangup, couldn't ask for more.

What is the blend that you made?

I do a lot of craft shows, and make it a point to talk to anyone who makes candles, soy or paraffin. Most of us burn a sample at shows, to demonstrate how our product burns.

I've seen candles of both types (and blends) smoking like chimneys. The "clean burning" soy candle is a myth. As is the "smokey paraffin" candle.

If properly made, both will burn clean, and if improperly made, both will smoke.

I use my own blend, and light the candle in the morning at shows, and let it burn. If I remember, I'll trim the wick once a day, but most days it never gets trimmed, and my candles don't smoke.

I use a soy blend mainly to sell to the people who believe soy is better, but my main ingredient is paraffin because it's easier to work with and has better scent throw, hot or cold.

Fredron

I started out with just soy wax but hated frosting, cottage cheese tops and having to wait a week or so to test. I mixed paraffin in with my soy and got wonderful creamy tops and the HT/CT are great w/o having to wait long for setting.

I do not sell my candles but make them as gifts for friends and family and they really don't care either way about soy or paraffin so long as they look and smell great.

Lor

I started out using just soy initially also but grew tired of the same issues: frosting, ugly tops, long wait time to pour, etc. Adding paraffin to the soy eliminated those issues. It took a LOT of testing though to make a blend I was happy with.

Hi,

I'm new to this website and I know I will like it because of the things I've read.

I have started working with candles and used the J50 which came in my starting kit. Basically, I have not knowledge about the wick size and the container. Everything is in the kit. I used the 1oz FO for 1lb of J50. No additive whatsoever. The throw was very good, however, the candle has wet spots.

Now I have 3.5" diameter container, I wonder what wick size should I use? I got my kit from Lone Star Candle Supply. Can anybody make a suggestion?

Also, I bought their container soy wax. I made 30%soy and 70%J50. That corrected the wet spot. But I don't know what kind of wick should I use. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

CandleStix

I use 6006 and it contains 20% soy ... I think it's an awesome wax. To answer your question ... no, I don't think 6006 defeats the benefits of both type waxes. On the contrary, I think 6006 actually combines the benefits of both soy and paraffin wax. I love working with 6006 because for me ...

1) it's easy to work with

2) awesome hot/cold throw from most fo's

3) takes color well (can achieve dark shades)

4) slower/cleaner burn than pure paraffin

5) I prefer the look of the final product

Based on my experience with testing and using many types of wax, I really enjoy using 6006.

I use 6006 as well and totally agree with Candlebuddy!