Wicking paraffin pillars

Yea we really need a size. but I'l give you my "in general". Usually I use flat braids with this wax. I only have two shapes I do right now, 5 point star and round. The star is maybe 2.5 inches from tip to tip of points and round is 3 inches. I use FB30 for the Star and FB36 for my round. But that works for me and I have spent thousands of hours testing all the scents I use. You really can't go on someone else's formula because the most important part of candle making is testing. What someone else does may not work for you. Just pick a type of wick to start with, if it doesn't work, try the next size up and repeat until you are through with every available size in that type. If none work, move on to the next type of wick. HTH.

I'm not sure she's asking about size so much as which type of wick. Traditionally you use flat braid or square braid wick for pillars. If you have a preferred supplier, see if they have those in rolls. Some suppliers only sell the newer types of wicking, in which case LX is a fancy form of flat braid designed for pillars.