My First Reed Diffusers

Trappeur

Well, being that I've been talking about making the diffusers and asking questions, I just took pictures ot them.....I did them in different scents..

8oz bottle with 6oz liquid.........

I did 4 1/2ounce base and 1 1/2ounce fragrance...

Since I don't have packaging as of yet, until I see how they sell at the shop I tried to come up with a way to attach the reeds for fear of them being stolen if I put the reeds in a separate display box. So I tied raffia around the neck and then tied the reeds into the raffia and then added a pine cone sprig. I thought they looked kind of big on the bottle but I have no other choice. I'm going to retail them for 17.99 or 18.99 - so I can have some leway to be able to sell them wholesale and also to give me room to buy the packaging and incorporate that price in to.....

I welcome all critiquing! I'm the newbie here so I would appreciate any ideas any of you can come up with....

Thanks for looking!

Trappeur

CIMG8007.jpg

CIMG7997.jpg

Hi Rae!

Actually I bought my jars off the classified here...but I know I have seen this bottle on quite a few sites....I'd do a google search....

Msale,

I did wonder about that bottle still leaking with a cork for the top...Actually, if the diffusers start to sell and I start doing more of them, I do in fact want to get a jar that has a screw on top on it and not a cork...Thanks for telling me about that..It just reaffirmed to me that they can still leak...

Hi Earth,

Those reeds are 12" long...so that could be another option for me too about getting them shorter...question? If the reed is longer do they have a stronger scent? Or it probably doesn't make much difference....

Thankyou everyone else for the compliments!

Trappeur

I love them...and if I saw them I would buy them. Your style matches mine...I'm very into the rustic outdoor look. Also...I love the cork top. It gives it that rustic cabin look...and I'm wondering if you could possibly dip the top of the bottle in wax to seal it? We make homemade wine and have done that to our wine bottles to seal the top.

I did wonder about that bottle still leaking with a cork for the top...Actually, if the diffusers start to sell and I start doing more of them, I do in fact want to get a jar that has a screw on top on it and not a cork...Thanks for telling me about that..It just reaffirmed to me that they can still leak...

I corked some reed diffuser bottles for Christmas presents and they definitely leaked, no matter how much I mooshed that cork down in there.

I always put my solution in a separate bottle. Plastic guess you would call it, get them from WSP. When shipping I then put that bottle in a zip lock bag just to be sure. Locally when people buy and they are going straight home I will put it in the glass bottle unless they say they would rather have it in the plastic bottle.

They look awesome for a store display! And think that anyone who uses diffusers expects the reeds to be long.

I personally think reeds should be 2x the bottle height or more and have never noticed that longer reeds scent any better than shorter ones. It's all about educating the customer to turn them at least once a week, which I often forget to do on my own :shocked2:

I also pkg my scent separately, which is good and bad. Good because it doesn't leak, bad because the customer has to pour it into the diffuser bottle (I include a flip top lid). The idea of a diffuser bottle with a screw on cap might just be a better and less expensive way to do it.