Rustics and mottles from this weekend

kate

Not just man's point of view Tucker .... I like 'em the best too.:cool2:

Me too, hence the whole group of them - they are scented pumpkin pie.

The others ones are Strawberries and Cream, Grandma's Swingin' Eggnog and Blackberry Sage. The photo doesn't do the blackberry sage justice, it's much more stunning in person.

I love your rustics! Mine never turn out that well. What is your secret?

Thank you!

I don't know if I have a secret, but here's a few things I try to do ...

I pour around 145-149. I chill my molds before the first pour, but I just discovered that I don't need to ice them or cool them down after each layer, they actually turn out better when I don't do that.

And the most important thing is patience when unmolding ... I always want to rush it so I can see how it looks, but that will destroy the frosted look if the candle isn't completely cool.

Your candles have gotten me confused because I cant decide what I like best. Guess I must say that I really am so inlove with all of them! I like the black one the most but the others are closely following suite.

Rins:grin2:

Thanks for sharing your way of doing this. I want to try this so bad. You girls have given me sooo many great ideas to try :-) I don't know what I would do without you :-)

But just to clarify- this has to be done with molted wax right?

And thanks for reminding us to be patient.. That is one thing I am not. LOL I soooo want to unmold everything that I try that is new to see the results. grrrrr .. I need a rubberband on my wrist so I can smack myself when I want to do that LOL

Christina