Candle Science

Alajane

Don't really know if this should go in Fragrances or Business section, but maybe it will be moved if it's in the wrong one.

I just received my first order from Candle Science (ordered during their 99-cent sale) and am incredibly impressed! First, I thought their website was one of the easiest to navigate that I've ever used. Then the way the products were packaged was fantastic! I've never had my samples packed that well and I love the amber glass bottles for the larger FOs also.

Hopefully I'll get to try some of them out tonight.

Jane

They are my favorites too. I have ONE FO that I really want to order from Peaks and I haven't only because it's the only one I need and they will only ship FO's UPS even if the FP isn't low and it's under the number of oz cutoff... :rolleyes2

I have ZERO complaints with candlescience. Service, shipping AND products.

-Kristi

They are my favorites too. I have ONE FO that I really want to order from Peaks and I haven't only because it's the only one I need and they will only ship FO's UPS even if the FP isn't low and it's under the number of oz cutoff... :rolleyes2

-Kristi

Obviously you've never called via telephone to inquire. :whistle:

I love candlescience, I use them for the majority of my oils as well as the palm wax i use. My favorites are...

Baby Powder

Cinnamon Stick

Clean Cotton

English Garden

Hansel & Gretels house

Honeysuckle Jasmine

Mistletoe

Peppermint & Eucalyptus

Plumeria

Pumpkin Souffle

Rain Water

Red Hot Cinnamon

Smoke & Odor Eliminator

Strudel & Spice

Very Vanilla

And i just ordered from them again for more pumpkin souffle, and to sample their new oils.

Their new Mac Apple is da bomb !!!! Exactly what I have been looking for. Superb straight and also mixed 50/50 with hazelnut:drool: .

I am test burning the Hansel and Gretel House now and it is also very good. A 4 oz JJ is filling my large living room. DH and I both agree it smells like KY's Grandmother's Toddy, maybe a tic better on HT.

I am on cloud 9 with the oils I got. Can't wait to test burn the others I got. And to think I have over looked adding them as a supplier . . .I have been missing out !

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a few from them:

Brandied Pear

Buttered Rum

Spiced Wassail

Strudel and Spice

Cedarwood Vanilla

Frankincense and Myrrh

'Spiced Wassail' is too much like Juicy Fruit gum OOB and is probably going to get blended with some orange clove.

'Cedarwood Vanilla' and 'Frank & Myrrh' are begging to be blended together!

'Buttered Rum' will burn nose hairs OOB. I might try my first batch with less than an ounce per pound of wax.

I missed out on the $1.00 sale. If any of you find you got some you don't want to pour or ordered more than one I would like to try several of them. I can paypal or swap for other stuff. I have lots of great oils from KY (vickey's)

Be sure to go to their website and sign up for their newsletter before you forget. I'd read so much about them, so had signed up a couple of months before the sale and then jumped on the sale as soon as I got the message.

Sorry I can't help you out for now but maybe this will help for their future sales.

Jane

• 6 months later...

It's interesting that so many people rave about the Cedarwood Vanilla. I bought about 30 different scents in april during the .99 sale and this was the only one I didn't really care for oob. I haven't done anything with it yet because I actually found something about it quite repulsive. What am I missing? It sounds like others have liked it oob.

It's interesting that so many people rave about the Cedarwood Vanilla. I bought about 30 different scents in april during the .99 sale and this was the only one I didn't really care for oob. I haven't done anything with it yet because I actually found something about it quite repulsive. What am I missing? It sounds like others have liked it oob.

'Cedarwood Vanilla' is one of my favorites! One of my guy friends loved it too.

I don't much like any straight OOB. They tend to all be much better once in a product.

I love most of CS oils with exception to the new Buttercream. That was the only one ever that I just hated. OMG it was just awful. To me it smelled like plastic and crayons with a touch of floral to it. No butter, vanilla or cream at all. It was not even close to what buttercream smells like. I thought it was just my nose and it would change in wax so I poured it and my God it just intensified so I ended up throwing it out. It was only a one ounce sample so I didn't even bother calling and asking them what was up with it. Other than that everything else I got was great.