Fun with hot wax...

Georgia

This summer has been too hot and nasty. It has finally cooled off and I was playing with hot wax all weekend. I had almost forgotten how much fun it was! Here's some pillars that came out of my pot.

The blue are Dryer Lint (Clean Cotton). The teal and brown are Calm (a blend) and the brown, rust and green are Eternity for my niece that just got married (they have some flaws, but I was experimenting).

Thanks for looking!

post-210-139458449876_thumb.jpg

post-210-139458449878_thumb.jpg

post-210-139458449879_thumb.jpg

wow..thanks for all the nice comments. I did like the blue set best, but I can't stand the scent. LOL Calm is an aromatherapy blend and it is a very clean scent. That one I like. :wink2:

And, yes, Scented I stuck a skewer down the side of the mold after pouring the first color. The second actually looks better than the first try so I might be able to get good at that technique.

And, yes, Scented I stuck a skewer down the side of the mold after pouring the first color. The second actually looks better than the first try so I might be able to get good at that technique.

pour a layer, push in stick, wiggle a bit ... if wax is too cool it won't go where you want it to. Add a little more color if you think you need to type of thing, because it can disappear fast. Hope that made sense, cuz I know what I'm trying to say lol. :laugh2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...