So...the newspaper article is revealed... :-(

southern.scents

:cry2:So, as everyone has heard, I was having a story release on my business this month. Well, I got my copy today. I am SOOOO disappointed. Check out the title. It doesn't even make "sense." Also, the article that they posted was written over 6 months ago. They had me send a new one including pictures but it was lost somehow and they never contacted me for it again. Overall, they posted an article about a business that existed 6 months ago...not an article about the business that exists now. I had a huge list of retailers, I cut down on some of the products that are listed. All of my fragrances are rename and some of the ones they listed are not even on my list anymore. Most here could probably understand my dissapointment. They even used a pitiful picture of me....so so dissapointing. Even the product pictures are super pixelated. I get their paper every month and I have never seen an article look this bad.After 5 months of waiting for it to come out...here it is in all its glory...:cry2:

www.southern-scents.com/Grace.pdf .

I can't see it myself - 404 here. However, I'd pop up a short explanation on the front page of your site - something like this:

For those who have come here regarding the newspaper article, it is a bit dated in to keep products fresh and exciting for my customers, you may not find the particular scent you are looking for, that the article mentions. However, I do invite you in to look at the new and improved site with a list of fresh scents sure to please you and if there is a particular scent you came to find, please inform me and we may be able to make arrangements.

Adam.. You should be very proud of yourself.

You accomplished something some of us never have..

I have yet to have a newspaper run an article on me..

(Guess they did a background check and decided against doing an article on me !!LOL)

I enjoyed the article.

It shows you and your product and I am sure you will get lots of business from it.. People LOVE young entrupenures and want to support them..

It may not be what you wanted, but it is a start and will direct people to your site..

Like MM said, put a blurb on you site explaining what you explained to us about the article..

Gotta run.. Boys have football practice...

Adam.. You should be very proud of yourself.

You accomplished something some of us never have..

I have yet to have a newspaper run an article on me..

(Guess they did a background check and decided against doing an article on me !!LOL)

I enjoyed the article.

It shows you and your product and I am sure you will get lots of business from it.. People LOVE young entrupenures and want to support them..

It may not be what you wanted, but it is a start and will direct people to your site..

Like MM said, put a blurb on you site explaining what you explained to us about the article..

Gotta run.. Boys have football practice...

Thanks you and MM for the encouragement. It really does help.

That's always dissapointing when something you've been waiting for doesn't turn out the way you were imagining. I read the article and thought it was well-written. Is this in a magazine? Either way, to have color and such a nice blurb about you and your business is awesome! :) Mary had some good advice to put on your site regarding the potential misunderstandings, but otherwise this is just awesome! So happy for you!

What false information are you referring to? Products you no longer offer? I wouldn't be upset over this. It's bringing you free advertisement. If people contact you regarding something in the article that no longer exists, explain that your product line is more current and offer them something similar in your new line. No big deal, seriously.

Relax Adam. It's not that big of an issue. Just roll with it. Offering too much information will turn away potential customers. I personally would not mention the article in a less than positive way on your site. I would put a little blurb on your site "as seen in [fill in the blank]."

Enjoy it for what it is, and try not to tear it apart. Relax!!!

I know I should be happy but..its just kinda hard right now. I still did have a few orders today so :D . Im not gonna even mention that the information was false on my website. I m just gonna roll with it. I put a few things on sale for the newspaper feature as well as added a tag saying our current processing times would be longer than usual. Other than that, Im leaving it alone and Im going to look positively on the situation. Thanks for all of the encouragements and feedback. That REALLY helps.

I'm sorry you aren't happy with it - it's a lovely, positive article and I personally would be thrilled with it. Don't worry about all the details of it, you worked to correct those in the version that was misplaced - it's not like you went out of your way to mislead anyone, right?

Enjoy it - it's great.

Adam,

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's a very nice article and your products show up well. I don't think anyone would give a second thought to seeing something listed in the article that has been discontinued. The article will direct them to your website where they will find something else they love and must have. Congratulations. I hope you get lots of orders from it.

Nancy

Bravo Adam! I think it's wonderful even if you were a bit disappointed in the whole thing! I think the article was pretty well written, and the basics are there.. I seriously wouldn't worry about what's not there right now. Put whatever info on your website that you think is necessary to satisfy any new customers that may come your way, and hang tight. I hope it brings you some new business, and eventually puts a smile on your face! You should be very proud of yourself! I am! :)

I'm another one who thinks it's a great looking article--especially with all the pictures. I agree, the pictures aren't the best quality, but that's just the way it is sometimes. Getting people to your website is the objective and I think the article will accomplish that. Personally, I'm envious--I would love a nice article about my business!!!

Jane

So glad you liked it more when you finally got a hard copy. And don't feel like it contains lies.

If anyone asks just tell them that the newspaper had an unexpectedly long lead time and some of the information is "out-dated." The lead time allowed you to improve the quality and develope additional offerings.

Good job, young man!!!

Well, I think it is great, but I totally appreciate you being upset, even though I think it is a wonderful article. It is hard when you work so hard at something and you look so forward to it only to have it turn out differently than you hoped. Look at it this way...it is the kind of publicity most would kill to have!

If it makes you feel better, the article that they wrote about me was very good, BUT it made me sound like a drunken horn dog. In the course of the conversation with the reporter, she said that she loved reading my website, esp my scent descriptions. I told her thank you, that one of my fav things to do when the kids go to bed is grab a glass of wine and sit down and update my site. That translated into "... pens her own website with the help of a bottle of wine." What the heck??!?!?!?! Then, she somehow focused on my Sex on the Beach candle and closed with "Check out the website for over 80 scents, one of which is too risque to put in print." Double what the heck?!?! So, then I had emails from tons of folks claiming I had taken the "risque" scent off of my site. I cannot tell you how many people I had to tell, "Uh, no, she was talking about my Sex on the Beach candle and it is right there for everyone to see."

So yes, now I am known as the sex craved wino wax woman. And really, for those who know me, is it really too far from the truth??? :wave:

So yes, now I am known as the sex craved wino wax woman. And really, for those who know me, is it really too far from the truth??? :wave:

Liar Liar Pants of Fire... You know you bought that Love swing for you and your hubby last year for Christmas.. a1092.gif (The one that hangs from the ceiling!!!)

Ok... Back to topic now....