Wax for tarts

ajna

I've tried several different waxes for tarts/melts, mostly because I was testing them with wicks. I didn't notice a difference in tarts other than some took longer to melt, therefore took longer to throw the scent out. Once melted, the scent throw seemed to be very similar. Nothing like wicked waxes where they can differ dramatically. I would just use what you already use for candles and make your life easy!

I have tried several different waxes.... Taylored concepts 50/50 with their votive wax, great HT....The candle sources container wax makes nice tarts, great HT. Ez soy... alright HT. Also one other soy wax specifically for tarts....can't remember it off the top of my head.

Currently I am trying JS votive/pillar wax for tarts because I like the fact that it's pellet form instead of slabs. Will be testing today!

Just test until you find one you really like. :smiley2:

I've tried a lot of different waxes for tarts (from pillar, votive and wax that is said to be made for tarts) and always went back to KY's votive/tart wax. Looks the best and has a kick butt scent throw over any of the other waxes I've tried. HTH

hmmmm...I was just going to say "scented".

I don't notice an appreciative difference between soy or paraffin. Container wax by itself holds more fragrance, but pillar or votive wax is easier to clean out once it is used up.

I make my own soy/para votive blend.

I make my tarts out of which ever wax I am using at the moment. I pour all left over wax be it container or pillar wax into tart shells. I don't notice any difference and had no complaints from customers. I use 4786 and 4625.

I am not for having a lot of different waxes on hand. I only use 1 pillar wax and 1 container wax. It fills all my needs!! Well - actually 2 pillar waxes because have one mottling wax.

What about the clam shell tarts. Doesn't the wax have to be soft enough to break. What are some suggestions on wax for thoseTIA

The clamshells are designed for the wax to break away easily weather you use container, votive or pillar.

IMO I would not use a really soft container wax for tarts or melts, it is too hard to get out of the melter when you want to use a different scent.

I normally pour melts with leftover wax from other projects, never had an issue. If I'm making a tin with the 4630 I make tealights if I calculated wrong and have left over wax.

I've tried a lot of different waxes for tarts (from pillar, votive and wax that is said to be made for tarts) and always went back to KY's votive/tart wax. Looks the best and has a kick butt scent throw over any of the other waxes I've tried. HTH

I've recently been testing this and I agree that it has an awesome scent throw! I had to turn one off it was so strong!

Hey Jennifer, I've had to turn a few off myself using this wax. It cost me a little more with shipping than any of the other waxes I've tried but as far as I'm concerned it's so worth it. No wax that I've tried has been able to compare to the scent throw you'll get with is wax. So for those of you that haven't tried it you should get yourself a sample and try it out, you won't be disappointed!!

I've recently been testing this and I agree that it has an awesome scent throw! I had to turn one off it was so strong!

I make my tarts out of which ever wax I am using at the moment. I pour all left over wax be it container or pillar wax into tart shells. I don't notice any difference and had no complaints from customers. I use 4786 and 4625.

I am not for having a lot of different waxes on hand. I only use 1 pillar wax and 1 container wax. It fills all my needs!! Well - actually 2 pillar waxes because have one mottling wax.

Yep, I use the same Waxes, They are awesome!!:highfive:

I use 4794 too. It has a moderate melt point. Good scent throw. Takes dyes very nicely.

Is KY the same as 4794? Just wondering which wax you were referring to in the above posts. If it is, I have tested that one before and still have some left.....can't remember why I decided against it. It may have been because of the cold throw vs. my soy wax and a blend I came up with. I don't even think I bothered melting it. Maybe I should test it again. It may have also been because the tops were not as smooth....not sure because I tested some other waxes at the same time.