Cuts

Scented

For those who wanted to see them, from the five logs this weekend (and I must say I'm bummed because my TOG mold leaked and produces not so square bars), but it's nice to have something to do three logs at a time and keep them in place. Must make a mental note that I should try somewhere between 2.75 lbs and 3 lbs for these logs though, because 2.75 pounds is too small and 3 lbs is just about too much.

First up is Of A Woman. Scent is still strong, but hey it's only days old. Hoping it won't fade, but notes on the review board were for .7 ppo so I used more. This one was the witch.

[ATTACH]15869[/ATTACH]

Second was Solas Milk 'n Honey. It's still a little soft and some of the bronze sort of fell through in the middle (but you won't see that lol.) However I think the gold that I put in the soap (not on top) totally disappeared.

[ATTACH]15870[/ATTACH]

Third. Peak's Cranberry Citrus or is it Citrus Cranberry? Was hoping for a darker red and not such a pinkishness to this. Oh well there could be a next time. And on the next time I will have to blob the bronze in the layers. I don't think it showed up enough. The orange faded on me too, so must make a note to maybe try a different one.

[ATTACH]15871[/ATTACH]

Fourth is one of the two cooler ones lol. Southern Soaper's Cranberry Orange Marmalade. Must make a note to use my burgandy oxide more often. Goodness, I think I luv that color. The orange is a disappointment to me, because it's too white. And the white flecks ... that's TD. So what's the trick to not get the white flecks? Anyone?

[ATTACH]15872[/ATTACH]

Fifth. Flicker's Apple Jack & Peel. Same prob with the white flecks. I'm expecting this to discolor but by how much I don't know. Now this stuff smells GOOD!!

[ATTACH]15873[/ATTACH]

A closer look at the bars maybe.

[ATTACH]15874[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458448184_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458448186_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458448187_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458448189_thumb.jpg

post-23-13945844819_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458448191_thumb.jpg

It's just too hard to pic a favorite, I love them all! I will admit, though, that I'm partial to the Cranberry Orange Marmalade one, as I love the colors, but then again, I love all your color combos!

You've certainly been a busy one, Scented.

Now those look just awesome! I so wish I had the time to make soap for my stock but it ain't happening till oh maybe January now. LOL

On the TD are you using oil or water soluable and how are you mixing it in? I use the water and mix 1 tbsp with 2 tbsp water and let it set for a while before soaping so it all mixes in well.

On the TD are you using oil or water soluable and how are you mixing it in? I use the water and mix 1 tbsp with 2 tbsp water and let it set for a while before soaping so it all mixes in well.

I used about 4 T of oil to 1/2 tsp of oil and water soluable TD and heated it, stirred on and off through about an hour or more.

Those are all so pretty...love the colors..

I have been thinking about these Tog molds, I have one too.

What about sealing the creases with silicone,,,then at least they won't leak..I think I will do that to mine, even though I have not had mine leak..yet..At least they will be still usable...