Can you marble soy?

I have seen candles (haven't done this yet) where they use 2 pour pots at a time 1 colored 1 not and you pour together and let the wax swirl as the jar fills. I want to try it soon. Just have to many other things going on right now.

it's easier if you use liquid dyes, but I have done it w/ dye chip scrapings. you have to make sure the wax isn't too hot, or it'll totally blend.

w/the liquid dyes, you can pour a couple of drops, then gently swirl it around a bit using a skewer, or I used a bobby pin straightened out.

w/the chip shavings, I would put some in the empty jar before pouring the wax and also put a bit on top after pouring it. the wax does have to be a bit hotter when using these though, or they just "sit" there.

anyways- HTH some

I've never been able to do it with liquid or chips :( I've had it work for a little while but for some reason in the soy I use (GW464), the colors end up migrating and blending together. This also happens with my layered candles, like the Candy Corn ones I made for Halloween. They started off with very distinct and bright Yellow, Orange, and White layers but after a while they orange color leeched into the yellow and white, almost completely eliminating the white and leaving very little yellow at the bottom.

So I gave up on the marbling attempts :(

I do it with two pouring pots of different colors. They come out more of a swirl than a marble. They are nice though. I prefer to use colors of equal value that way the fading into each other is limited. Your can't pour too cool, make sure the two pots are identical in temp or the cooler one will rock up and the hotter one will over take it when they are the same temp they will sorta "meld" over and under each other. It takes time to get and some practice, but they look cool.

I used to do those type of candles. They have a swirly almost marble look.

I found the easiest way for me to do it was to pour the candle with no dye in it and wait for it to look really cloudy while cooling. Then I took liquid dye at the end of a toothpick and ran it along the inside of the glass in swirly kind of lines and then let it set up the rest of the way. After the candle was completely cooled I took a heat gun and heated up the jar on the outside where the dye was and move it around to make it swirl. It was kinda cool because every candle had its own look.

Of course, for safety I used oven mitts to hold on to the jar and there was one time where the jar cracked.

I had tried different methods but that was the only one that seemed to work for me.

Yep I do it all the time. I use the two pour pot method, cool to very slushy stage, and then con someone into twirling the jar or very awkwardly do it myself! I like to use very contrasting colors and usually limit this to my bakery scents because it looks so much like food, especially in my square masons.

By the way - I saw some beanp*d candles that were three layers and the layers had totally blended together. So much for "stabilized" soy, huh??