The Weekend is Here what's in your pot?

LovelyLathers

Many of you have friday off so I am posting this early. Unfortunatly, I am working Fri. But I plan on starting in as soon as I get home. Being a holiday I am sure many of you will be buzy with that. I am certainly going to take Z's Liquid soap class Sun. Night no matter what. I am also going to make a few soaps. May be a few soap cakes/pies, an iced carot one, a lemon meriange pie, and a raspberry rhubarb pie. I sell these very well, in slices and whole cakes for party favors. I also need to work on some scrubs.

I wish I had Friday off lol!

OK I'm gunning for two big batches of unscented soap after I make a batch of honey patchouli and Allure and maybe some sensuous and Reign of Violets and Sandalwood Amber and ... and ... and ... I'll be lucky to get four batches done lol! I have a huge list of soaps I wanna do though ... and I will be sitting at my computer to order more on Sunday at some such time because I really, really, really want to try Silk Haiku ... I'm a dork, I know.

I have a gorgeous batch of unscented soap with wonderful dark pink whispy swirls. It was supposed to be Love Spell but my sister was yacking her head off while I was soaping and I forgot to add the FO.

I'm working on my scrubs this weekend and testing silcone for my wicks. I don't think I'll get to soap but would love to. DS is begging me to go to church on Sunday so I think I'll have to do that instead of having 3 hours of me time in the shop.

I'm now out of salt bars, as I just mailed off my last one to Michi so she can stop hating them.....:P

I'll try to make a batch of those also.

Tomorrow I'm going to whip up at batch of whipped soap....in Dream. May make a few other batches too. I got two jobbies to use as molds at Walmart today and I want to try them out!

Hmmm...also on the agenda....the LS soap class, gotta find out when that is I thought it was Saturday morning....DOH! I also need to tweak a sugar scrub recipe and a body butter recipe and then gobs of each. But, I'm also off next week for Spring Break, so it's vacation time for me! WOOT!

Donna

Mostly just candles for me. I have about 6 orders for some carved candles, so I'll have to turn my vats on too.

I'm gonna try and do up some lotions for the girls in my family for Easter. I'll probably try and whip those up on Sat.

I'm one of the lucky ones that has tomorrow off. :)

Well, let's see ..... I just got done making Patch Rose and Rice Flower & Shea.

Tomorrow I need to do Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin :drool: , Euphoria, Unscented and Uncolored for my Mom and Goddess.

Of course I probably won't get but 1 done seeing as how all the kids are gonna be home! :undecided

Oh .... and a special thanks to Scented for tempting me to the point that I HAD TO BUY MORE FO'S!!! :shocked2::P Like I needed more! LOL So I will be making those next weekend. Kai, Tuscan Lace, Amber & Musk and Tranquil Waters.

I made Salt Bars for the first time today. Been wanting to try them, so I'll see. I would like to make a batch with Pumpkin Pie Spice, using the real spice. I don't know if this will work, but we have a pretty big (for this area) show coming up this fall and I would like to get some made and ready. Can someone tell me if this is possible. I do not want to use any FO, just the spice. Will the scent come through and how much should I use.

Cottoncandy

:confused:

Tomorrow I'm going to whip up at batch of whipped soap....in Dream. May make a few other batches too. I got two jobbies to use as molds at Walmart today and I want to try them out!

Hmmm...also on the agenda....the LS soap class, gotta find out when that is I thought it was Saturday morning....DOH! I also need to tweak a sugar scrub recipe and a body butter recipe and then gobs of each. But, I'm also off next week for Spring Break, so it's vacation time for me! WOOT!

Donna

What is Whipped Soap? :undecided

Inquiring minds would like to know???

I already know that it has to be good...if you are making it...:)

What is Whipped Soap? :undecided

Inquiring minds would like to know???

I already know that it has to be good...if you are making it...:)

Here is some info on whipped soap:

http://nizzymoulds.com/Whipped/index.htm

It floats as well, believe it or not. LOL!

I've a lot of soaps to make, but I might goof off this weekend.

Who knows. I have nothing made for summer. Bad girl. :P

Hmmm.... I think maybe I'll whip up a batch of unscented Castille type soap, will have to dig around n see what I want to play with as far as a recipe.

Otherwise I have some cleaning up and candle pouring to do, need to dig up my containers for my April scent, Tulips, I think I might want to see how celica's Swirl Pillar might work in a container environment. Think I'll do a couple swirly pillars too just for the heck, hopefully I have enough wax to mess with. May have to run out for another 10lbs... hope I have my weekly coupon saved, otherwise the pillars are going to have to wait...

Looking forward to the EB making his visit this year, hoepfully I don't have 2 dead kids by then. I think I'ma chuck em out the house tomorrow to try to regain some sanity...

----

Libby

Maybe if I post it here. I will actually get my butt in gear and get this soap made! I need to make shaving soap, salt bars, plain castille and calendula castille, and a lilac. I'm getting low on sugar scrub also!

Now when I'm going to find time to do this all, I have no idea! LOL:tongue2:

Unfortunately not soap or candles! My middle son turned 5 today so I just finished his cake and after I am done eating breakfast, I am gonna clean, clean, and clean! His party is at 6, but I am sure I will be wooped before then.

Tomorrow we will probably just take it easy and do something as a family.

Sunday is church and then lunch at my mom's and supper at his mom's!

Our kids are off monday, so we are going to my mom's to make pierogies with my sil and nephews and my sis and mom.

Steph

P.S. When I do get back to soaping, I will be making some Breeze in the Keys and goat's milk soap.

I have a plain unscented GM soap to make and then, a 4# batch of LoveSpell.

Sunday, after church, I have to go to a friends house to help split wood to bring home to cure up for next year. It's about 2 pickup truck loads that I have to split and it's semi fresh and it's oak so that will definately be a chore! My friend's husband is laughing as are the neighbors because I'm small and thin and they don't think I will have the strength to do it!:undecided They all plan to stand around and watch me attack the wood with a splitting axe and a sedge hammer!

Fire

I'm working on salt scrub/glo bars, sugar scrubs, bath bombs and lots of candles. I really want to make soap since DH fixed my large kelsie mold for me and I got in some new spring FOs but I'm waiting on Soaper's Choice to finally get babassu since I am almost out.

It's not in yet?

They are still out. :sad2: Last time babassu went OOS, it took them awhile to get it in. It took awhile for the other suppliers that carry it to get it in as well. :undecided I suppose I could soap without it, but I just love it so much that to soap without it almost seems like a sin. :tongue2::laugh2: I am really wanting to soap too. Got the soaping itch. I'm probably going to have to commit a sin or use what I have left. lol

Well I hope that babassu comes in, because I feel kinda piggish sitting on 12 pounds of it. Maybe that's why the Easter Bunny didn't come today ... I've been too much of a pig!

I know the patch honey I'm working on is pretty stinky ... but if no one is sinning today, then would you suggest three colors for it?