Loaf Candle

jamiesoy

I made this loaf candle but I need a candle plate to fit it in, anyone know where i can buy these? 5x7 would work! Loaf is scented in Cinnamon Bun and doubled wicked with 2 LX 16. I have burned it 3 times so far and the flames are small so as of now i think i will have to wick up!

GrubbyLoafCandle.jpg

Thanks guys, sorry the pic is so big I didn't know how to shrink it. :confused: Right now I'm burning it in a ceramic tray cause i can't find an oval or rectangle candle plate. I want to start selling these after the testing is all done but i want to sell them on a candle tray.

That looks great, and I love the way you've got it all gussied up. I don't know the answer to your question, but if I see any I'll surely post. I had been considering doing a loaf candle as well, but I wasn't going to unless I can find a plate. I bought a couple of similar candles at craft fairs that were packaged with little tin plates.

Really nice candle, I don't know what type of candle plate that you are looking for. But have you thought of getting regular serving plate that are rectangular shaped. They would look really nice on them and giving them a look like they were real loaf presentation. Just an idea.

Pam F

I have a question, because I've never burned anything like that...how does it burn? Meaning... does it get a melt pool, does it self consume like some pillars or does it leave a shell like a hurricane???

I think these kinds of candles are just stunning, but they befuddle me since I can't ever figure out how they burn.

Kim

Thank you everyone! For those that are curious to see how these burn here's a Pic. The wax is PB140 a soy pillar/votive wax. I changed the wicks to LX18 cause the LX16's flame got really small. Again sorry for the huge pic:confused: how do you shrink these things?

loafburning.jpg