shake your fo

chrisasst

Guest Candelishis

I too shake, because I had a "Grandma's Kitchen" FO and a Creme Brulee that separated over time. I've since switched suppliers, and the new ones don't separate anymore, but I am still in the habit of shaking.

Guess I'm an oddball again. I don't shake. If it's one I don't use much, I'll tip it back and forth gently a couple times. I never really though about it too much, but instinct has always been to avoid any movements that can contribute to air in my wax and finished candles. Hmmm.. wonder if it really matters :(

May as well get some exercise while you are at it. First put in your favorite CD, start singing along, then dance around the house for a while shaking away. Move those arms and make sure the caps are on tight. When you are dead tired, I am sure they will be shaken up enough. :whoohoo: :bliss::yay::D:rockon:

Yep! Make sure the lid is tight! Ask this dummy!. I once removed the dropper type lid from one bottle, was trying to get every last drop into my pourpot, placed the lid on top of the new bottle without screwing it on. (was buzy working fast before temp dropped too much). I then grabbed the new bottle and started shaking as always....FO went everywhere. What a mess to clean up and lost a few ounces to boot...all over my notes (they still smell good, just can't read them all!)

Soooo! Remember to screw, screw, screw.....and shake, shake, shake!

Seriously, though, I don't know that it's necessary, but I figure that the manufacturers sometimes blend several fragrances together to achieve the scent they want (as I do sometimes). If this is the case, then I want to be sure they stay blended before I pour. This might not be a fact, but I'd rather be sure than wonder about it. I like consistency in everything I make.

I turn mine upside down and right side up a few times and I look at it to see if there is any obvious separation, but I don't want to introduce any more air than necessary into the wax and I wonder about exposing so much of the liquid to air - oxidation and all that... Oxidation is a big deal in degradation of so many products and compounds... If one is using it at a pretty quick rate, I don't think it would matter if ya shook it up a lot (like my partner does); but if one keeps FOs for some months, I think it's best not to give it a froth.

Yep! Make sure the lid is tight! I then grabbed the new bottle and started shaking as always....FO went everywhere. What a mess to clean up and lost a few ounces to boot...all over my notes (they still smell good, just can't read them all!)
:embarasse Well I am glad to see I am in good company! I did that myself once! LOL What a great-smelling mess!
Soooo! Remember to screw, screw, screw.....and shake, shake, shake!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: LOL I couldn't resist!!