I got it!!!

Georgia

Got my candles in a shop on consignment! :bliss:

All my fretting about the pronouns and tweaking the letter didn't mean a thing. I put a basket together with 2 candles, a letter of intro, my brochure, biz card and pics of the display. Took it across the street to the store and he said yes on the spot! Didn't even smell the candles. And told me to bring 'em over tomorrow and set up.

First, I'm drinking a glass of wine to celebrate. Then, I have to go pour a bunch more candles! Even if I never sell a one, I'm excited. I took the chance and got my foot in the FIRST door!

:thumbsup::D :highfive:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you drawn up a contract stating things like your packaging (labels/hangtags) will be left as you have it, who is responsible for the loss should items get damaged/stolen, the area of the store your items will be displayed, how much you will be paid for each item sold, stuff like that? I didn't do this and it was a big mistake. Not meaning to put a damper on your excitment, just trying to warn you to protect yourself.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you drawn up a contract stating things like your packaging (labels/hangtags) will be left as you have it, who is responsible for the loss should items get damaged/stolen, the area of the store your items will be displayed, how much you will be paid for each item sold, stuff like that? I didn't do this and it was a big mistake. Not meaning to put a damper on your excitment, just trying to warn you to protect yourself.

Yes, I have a contract. I have to take it over when I take the display and candles. Thanks for thinking of me, though! I fell like you guys were all behind me tonight and I appreciate it!

I did this for 6 month and lost money.It was $78.00 a month and a small percentage per candle sold.Is it that kind of consignment this is?I would make sure what it is before you pour all those candles.I knew about this craft shop and had candles made up from craft shows.

LynnS

That's great news!! I'm so excited for you!

I'm also glad to see you have some sort of agreement too. I had my pillars on consignment at that damn Tuscany store, with NO agreement. Let's just say my pillars are not in that store anymore and the owner and I are NOT on good terms! Protect yourself!!

I did this for 6 month and lost money.It was $78.00 a month and a small percentage per candle sold.Is it that kind of consignment this is?I would make sure what it is before you pour all those candles.I knew about this craft shop and had candles made up from craft shows.

LynnS

No, no "space" rental, just 20% of sales. This is a win/win for me. Win if they sell, and win even if they don't cuz I know I can do this now. That first step is the hardest.

I want to add to what Tall said. You also want to make sure you know who is in charge of sales tax, (if they are going to pay it get a copy of sales tax license.) This will cover you butt on that issue.

On the issue of payment you may want to put in when you expect payment for items sold too.

And Congrats.. It is such a feeling when you get your foot in the door..

That would sound good to me also.I just hated that $78.00.They did pay the tax but also took another small percentage on top of the rental.I will be looking for wholesale or consignment from now on.If it is the way you have it you can go up 20% on what you sell candles for and make a full profit on your candles.

LynnS