Okay y'all~~new website~~

dabbledoya

So I bit the bullet and had a website made!

I've got my handy-dandy notebook at hand for suggestions--

Literally awaiting the invoice from the designer, but in a month or so I'll need some changes made (featured product/scent, etc) so any suggestions heeded will be made then:)

Be kind, be gentle, but by all means, be honest (and I know ya will lol)!

Here goes.........................

www.neuserivercandleandbath.com

Thank you!

Thank you for the nice comments:)

I'm thinking of maybe offering a free gift for orders of $50 (or $75?) or more, like a few of the soap and/or cream samples, or a free 4 oz tin or something--not sure about that yet.

Also ordered some aluminum tealights, I will send a 'scent sample' along w/ orders (labeling them 'Not for use!!'--or something to that effect lol).

Site looks clean and simple (which is good). One idea - you might want to move the About Us and Contact Us links on the left down a bit. Most people (at least in my experience with my sites) want to get to the product pages initially.

Another thought - do you have a shorter URL? Unless someone has a Neuse River link in front of them it might be hard for them to spell out.

Maybe a shorter URL like - nrcandle.com or something and have it redirect to the main URL.

Best wishes for lots of business!

~Allen

Valien--the url suggestion is noted!

'Neuse' is a confusing name in itself. When I was talking to the designer on the phone, he pronounced it like 'Nyuse'--it's actually pronounced n-o-o-s-e. It's an Indian word (name?). I believe it originates from the Tuscarorans--I actually tried to research it but couldn't find alot of info on it!

Definitely very relaxing on the eyes... the color combination is soothing. I like your logo too, it's simple, but it has a good flow going :)

Now for my other 2 cents...

More pictures! I love it when I see lots of pretty images on the front page... it's what draws the customer in and encourages them to explore. An alternative would be to make the main picture bigger so there's a focal point when the customer first opens your main page. I notice a bit of a gap between the text and the main picture...

Secondly, the left and right columns don't line up correctly at the bottom for me... the right is significantly shorter?

Also, I got a little confused when I clicked Products on the nav bar, but didn't see any products immediately in the main column. It took me a minute to notice the new links on the nav bar. Maybe add links directly to the actual product pages on the main column as well under each subcategory?

On a side note, I like the pic for the 1/4 oz shea mango butter body cream!

It's very nice! But, I agree with Jadryga. When I opened the 'products' page and saw pictures of things that weren't your products, I almost clicked off. Then I noticed the nav. bar on the left. If I were a buying customer, and stumbled on to your site, as soon as I didn't see what you were actually selling, I would have been gone.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Definitely more pictures--I had a hard time with that as you can tell lol!

The empty space on the left--that's where I'm thinking of putting the 'free gift' offer for xx amt on an order. Or some kind of special maybe??

Everything written down and noted--thank you!