My First Craft Fair

I think I set up pretty good- have ideas for next time, though. Here's some pics I took:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/Vyates72/S2400647.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/Vyates72/S2400646.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/Vyates72/S2400645.jpg

I took the box down because it was blocking my view.

Ideas and suggestions for next time are definitely appreciated!

Thanks!

Violet:D

Wow, you sure did work hard to prepare for this fair, and your colors look lovely. One suggestion--I'd look into getting one of those spinner racks for the clamshells. I love mine, and it gives me more table room.

Congratulations on getting through your first one!

Wow, you sure did work hard to prepare for this fair, and your colors look lovely. One suggestion--I'd look into getting one of those spinner racks for the clamshells. I love mine, and it gives me more table room.

Congratulations on getting through your first one!

Thanks Luci-

Any idea where to get a cheap spinner rack? I had thought of that but was so rushed I didn't have time to look into it.

Thanks!

Violet:)

Sorry Violet, I can't sugar coat this. Your display looks like a tag sale. You need to get some shelves in there and toss the plastic tablecloth.

e

Like I've said, I'm just starting out- most of my $ went into supplies and didn't have much left over. I wanted a good tablecloth; I just didn't have the funds. I'd like some good shelves and will look into it.

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Yeah, I agree. Your candles look great, just the presentation needs some work. Don't worry though.. We all had to start somewhere. Mine wasn't that great in the beginning either and I am still improving with each set up after 3 years. Hang in there and good luck at your next one.

Thanks all for the help, etcetera. I know that I need to work on a few things- visibility is optimal at this point... Getting rid of the big shelf was a definite plus. Some spinner racks are good and the shelves would be a def. bonus. I know they sell shelves at the Family Dollar here in NY for fairly cheap. Any ideas on setting them up without blocking my view? I'm ony 5'1 so view is important!

I've heard bar stools are good, too. I used to have some years ago (not for the craft fair but because of the way my apt was set up). They weren't cheap at Walmart.

Sold them when I moved back to NY.

Thanks all for the good ideas!

Violet:D

For your first time. It looks fine. I would definately buy something else instead of plastic coverings. Even a plain white sheet would have been sufficient. To give you some depth turning boxes over under the tablecloth and placing candles on top to show off your candles would really help. If you want to sit the best chairs are the folding chairs and plop a pillow on it. A girl has to sit sometime. On the clamshells if you can't find a rack try baskets that will be a bit more attractive.But that is my opinion. I hope you made lots of $$$.

So how did you do selling wise for your 1st time out? I started out with pretty much the same, no shelves, plastic tablecloth, etc. It's a learning experience for sure. Walk around and look at other setups, you'll get alot of ideas. I bought alot of my shelving and decorations from garage sales. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do for something old. I was even lucky enough to find a couple of bar stools at a garage sale. Your products look very nice and it will all come together. Best of luck to you :smiley2:

Your display of candles looks very nice, but I would suggest going to Wal-mart in the fabric dept and getting some of the Homespun material at $2.00 a yd.and use it for your tablecloth----I usually put 2 or 3 different checked colors together, with one draping in the front of the table and the rest over top...it really makes a nice display...also you always want some height on your table so I use wooden crates ( which I carry alot of items in and just display my candle jars on them)---my husband also makes me ladder stands in different sizes and I make displays out of them too...Good luck at your shows and I hope this helps you out some!

What do you mean by blocking your view?

Rearrange your set up or stand or get a Captain's chair from Pier One.

There's cheap shelving in cardboard from ... oh shoot ... brothers is in the name. They're tiered and you can cover them.

I'd do something with your votives too. The table is just too crowded. Is this all you had to work with (space wise?) because if not, you could add some tables when you get the $ to do so. That would help big time in terms of spreading out your stuff.

There's cheap shelving in cardboard from ... oh shoot ... brothers is in the name. They're tiered and you can cover them.

I'd do something with your votives too. The table is just too crowded. Is this all you had to work with (space wise?) because if not, you could add some tables when you get the $ to do so. That would help big time in terms of spreading out your stuff.

That is all the space I had- it was a small fair and a rented table to boot. The table was too crowded, agreed.

Plus very little space was available between the tables, or I could have sat on the side.

The box that was covered in material was directly in front of where my chairs were. I'm 5'1 and it was nearly as high as my head.

I don't know how my next set up will look, as I will most likely have to rent a table again and be at the mercy of where the fair people put me. But I will definitely look into chairs that are higher. Right now money is tight because I just lost my job.

I did just pick up a few more baskets at a garage sale and will look into getting some sort of shelving.

http://www.gershelbrothers.com/

Like I've said, I'm just starting out- most of my $ went into supplies and didn't have much left over. I wanted a good tablecloth; I just didn't have the funds. I'd like some good shelves and will look into it.

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Wal mart has the $1 fabric all the time. Just by some liquid stitch and go along the cut part. Very easy and very cheap.:D

Wal mart has the $1 fabric all the time. Just by some liquid stitch and go along the cut part. Very easy and very cheap.:D

What's liquid stitch?

I have to say, now that I recall, this wasn't my first craft fair. It was, however, my first 'candle' craft fair. When I was 16 I set up at a local fair with hand crocheted purses and such... Didn't make anything there. I don't know why I forgot- but my mom reminded me last night!

That being said, happy I made anything.

There's a fair at a local high school in a few weeks and I've got everything made already ... think I'll call them. Why not, right?

Violet

Violet

Don't give up or get discouraged! Gershel Brothers has 4-step risers that come in a pack of 5 for $20. They really helped me a lot. Also, I got a vinyl table cloth from KMart for $7. Take a look at my display (I am new to craft fairs too). Just another idea for ya! :D

img0248hf7.th.jpg

img0244sb5.th.jpg

Violet

Don't give up or get discouraged! Gershel Brothers has 4-step risers that come in a pack of 5 for $20. They really helped me a lot. Also, I got a vinyl table cloth from KMart for $7. Take a look at my display (I am new to craft fairs too). Just another idea for ya! :D

img0248hf7.th.jpg

img0244sb5.th.jpg

Love your setup! And those risers look pretty good, and I assume they hold quite a bit of weight. I think I am going to have to break down and get me some of those.