First two Tidepool Candles

Wick'n'Wax

I love your wave action. Great job on these. Glad you found the clear varnish. Now to get you a heat gun. If you have a craft store nearby they might have an 'embossing tool'. It is used for stamping and is like a mini heat gun. Mine lasted almost 3 yrs before I wore it out. It might be an alternative to a heat gun for you and sure works better than a hair dryer.

Sharyl....I burned up my embossing tool in a couple of weeks. Then.....I finally found a heat gun. (SMILE)

Your tide pool candle looks great. I love the look. Just play with it and you will be able to create some very pretty looks....there are no rules....just like nature. throw in an old tire...some garbage....then you will truly have the look of the ocean....just kidding.....not!!!!!!!! Donita

thanks for the compliments folks, its much appreciated.

I really wanted a wave action, so let the wax cool down, so it didn't 'pour' everywhere.

Hubby says I should make some little signs, beach this way ;)

I love making these.....

aah, heat guns, tbh, I'm not sure of buying the right thing. In the UK, we have things called heat guns, that are great big industrial things for stripping paint off wood, but they have a big wide nozzle. I need a smaller nozzle. The heat settings worry me too, whether I get one hot enough.

I'm off to the craft shop tomorrow. Was going today but they have a sale on starting tomorrow ;)

Sharyl....I burned up my embossing tool in a couple of weeks. Then.....I finally found a heat gun. (SMILE)

Your tide pool candle looks great. I love the look. Just play with it and you will be able to create some very pretty looks....there are no rules....just like nature. throw in an old tire...some garbage....then you will truly have the look of the ocean....just kidding.....not!!!!!!!! Donita

Donita you make me crack!! What about an empty can of coke?

aah' date=' heat guns, tbh, I'm not sure of buying the right thing. In the UK, we have things called heat guns, that are great big industrial things for stripping paint off wood, but they have a big wide nozzle. I need a smaller nozzle. The heat settings worry me too, whether I get one hot enough.

I'm off to the craft shop tomorrow. Was going today but they have a sale on starting tomorrow ;)[/quote']

I really like them yvette. As for the heat gun in the U.K, when i was looking the builders ones seemed too big and proberly too hot for wax, was scared of melting more than just the wax. But i eventually got a smaller one from

TK MAXX - i think it is meant for cooking but it is plently hot enough for wax, plus i was only £6.99

I really like them yvette. As for the heat gun in the U.K, when i was looking the builders ones seemed too big and proberly too hot for wax, was scared of melting more than just the wax. But i eventually got a smaller one from

TK MAXX - i think it is meant for cooking but it is plently hot enough for wax, plus i was only £6.99

oooooh I like that price :D thanks xx

I don't know about the UK.....but we can buy heat guns here at many places. Hardware stores and craft stores. I started ordering mine from Wagner. I buy reconditioned ones and they have lasted for years. They also sell "reducers" so that the hole where the heat comes out is only the size of a dime. I love them. Donita